Feedback on designing CFS website

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AndieB, Feb 5, 2003.

1. AndieB

AndieB New Member

Hello all, My name is Andie. I am not actually suffering from CFS but I am currently doing a project based on the illness.

I was hoping that some of you maybe be able to help me, but that is entirely upto you.

I have to design a website for CFS/ME sufferers as part of my final year computing & psychology degree.

One of the aims is to find out from patients what they would like to see on a web-based support system. e.g. The colour, layout, specific advice, functions etc..

I am implementing a diary which allows paitents to record and monitor daily activities.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me some useful feedback that I can include on my website.

Thankyou very much.

Regards
    Andie
  2. dreamworld

dreamworld New Member

First let me say, Thank God you don't have Chronic Fatique or Firbromyalgia. Second of all and maybe I am just speaking for myself. I would love to have a website, where I could go and post or read about things that have helped, doctors who have helped and things that people have learned having this illness, and what they have found works for them. I know we all need support, and its great to have places that people can post their problems. But sometimes I find that reading those things make me feel more hopless. I need hope every day that there is something out there that will help me and others who want to get well. I became ill 18 years ago, and my life has never been the same since. Let me know what you think?

Sheila
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

It sounds like you will be doing a great service for a lot of people who are not at all understood by the public at large. Would it be too much work for you to include fibromyalgia on your site? The conditions are often both present in the same individuals, and there is some conjecture that they might even be the same condition presenting different symptoms. Good luck with your project.
    Kathryn