Feel bad after lunch, anyone else? Why????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kinsie, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I have an hour for lunch everyday. I usually get a sandwich somewhere. I don't eat heavy at noon, but I have to confess I sometimes have a candy bar.

When I get back to my desk after lunch I always feel awful for a couple of hours. I know my diet isn't what it should be, but neither is anyone else in the office, and they don't seem to have this problem.

I have more pain, more fatigue, and the "don't want to's"!

Does anyone else have this happen? In a couple of hours I usually start to do better.???

Kinsie
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

But I eat protein and veggies for lunch. I have eliminated sugar and bread from my diet due to candida and found that I feel much better without it.

Try eating a healthier lunch and see what happens.
  3. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I almost always feel best in the evening. Mornings are difficult. For a long time I used to feel awful around three in the afternoon. Lately I've been having a good hour or so about nine in the morning, then it's all downhill until evening. I have no idea what causes this. I eat pretty well-balanced meals, and do not seem to have any blood sugar issues.
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

FYI.
    You are not supposed to include personal emails in these posts, it's against the rules.

The moderators may send you a notice about this.
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I would read up about reactive hypoglycemia. It sounds like you may have a reaction much like it. It helps to avoid surten foods, basically superhealthy foods will prevent this reaction, stuff like veggie salads with white meat and the like. Avoid sugary stuff.

See hwat happens when you do this! Good luck.

6. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I guess I really know my problem, I just don't want to own up to it!!

If I would get away from sugar, and maybe cut back on coffee in the morning, I'd do much better.

I need to force myself to make a lunch to bring with me everyday. If I just go thru the drive-thru window at noon, I'm not getting the right kind of food. Even though I don't order fries, and things like that. The hamburgers are too big and greasy, and that's a lot of bread!

I am just going to have to "get with it" on a good diet.

Thanks again!

Kinsie
  7. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Go ahead and tell us your story. I'd like to know what you eat that makes you feel better, and I know others would like to read about it too!

Kinsie