"Feel Bad? It Could Be Lyme Unless Proven Otherwise" by Suzy Cohen R.Ph.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Nanie46, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Nanie,

Just saw a segment on TV that Lyme is far more prevalent that previously thought by the CDC. Well, we knew that but, at least, they are now admitting it. In addition, a large segment carry the bacteria which is more virulent. They are doing more research now that they are paying attention. This can only be good for those who suffer from Lyme.

Love, Mikie
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi Mikie,

That's right, at least there has been more attention brought to Lyme Disease lately. Hopefully there will be a lot of people helped by that.

New strains of Borrelia are being discovered all the time, plus related coinfections that may not have been considered. Since testing for Lyme is very unreliable anyways, it is very possible to be infected with a different strain of Borrelia that is technically not Lyme (Borrelia burgdorferi) and will never show up on a Lyme test.

One well-known Lyme Literate MD in NY does not call it Lyme Disease, he calls it MSIDS which stands for Multi Systemic Infectious Disease Syndrome. He says that people have multiple infections, not just one.

Here is a great article by Dr Mercola called "Prevalence of Lyme Disease in US is 10 Times Higher Than Previously Reported":

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/09/04/lyme-disease.aspx
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks, Nanie,

I'll check it out. I do not have Lyme but on DD does. She also has FMS but is still very active and raising my DGS. I believe that most of us who have conditions triggered by infections have more than one infection. In my case, it was a mycoplasma infection which triggered my CFIDS. I also have an unidentified chronic Herpes-Family infection (CMV, EBV, or HHV-6) which is presently in remission as is the mycoplasma infection.

I was soooo glad to see Lyme finally getting some attention.

Love, Mikie