feel better after work when you are in comfy clothes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Sep 8, 2005.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Some afternoons, I practically drag myself home only to find that once I get there and put on my comfy clothes (loose shorts and big tee shirt) that I feel better and can clean up and cook.

I don't wear tight or fancy clothes to work, they are fairly comfortable because at 41 I have given up on trying to look "cute" and am all about comfort now.

And before you start in and say anything related to looking good and being 40+, I don't mean I am a slob, I just gave up the heels (cause I have a bone spur and flats are more comfortable) and hose and "fancy" stuff. I still fix my hair and wear make up and look nice, just not like I am going out to a fancy restaurant.

Sonya
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I buy XXL tee's from Lands End. Also my clothing: all loose and big and yet somehow stylish. 1-800-356-4444 for a catalog if you are interested in trying some more big loose clothing. (If the phone number is not allowed, please have the moderator take it out).
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

at used clothing stores, big long dresses, that way I don't have to wear anything under them, lol and nobody knows. I hate underwear it is just so uncomfortable and actually makes my pain worse.
    Sue
  4. Lurlasgirl

Lurlasgirl New Member

There are some days I can barely wait to get home to get the bra and shoes off!!! Anything touching me that doesn't give is painful!!!

My job requires that I "dress" to some extent, but I have to tell you that "extent" has gotten looser and looser!!!! LOL

When I'm home alone, I wear things that don't really do much more than hang from my shoulders. I much prefer skirts to jeans or slacks, because they don't seem to bind me as much.

5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I guess I missed the essense of the question. I am trying to find out, not who feels better in comfy clothes, but who feels wrung out until they change and then get a burst of energy.

Sometimes I come home dragging, change into my comfy clothes and go and clean the kitchen, do laundry, etc, when I came home feeling like going right to bed so I am trying to figure out the correlation.

Of course it does not always work. Last night I felt like poop when I got home right up until bed, but still cleaned the kitchen, made dinner, helped with homework, etc.

It is true what they say, there is no rest for the weary!

Sonya
  6. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I'm 49 now, but many moons ago, B4 FMS, someone told me that to shake off the work day, get out of your work clothes and into comfy stuff as soon as you get home.

I've been doing that ever since and it makes all the difference in the world, especially now. It soothes me.

Regards,

Eileen

7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

bump once on this one, not too interesting apparently! LOL
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and I have no more emergy...however, if I worked all day in business clothes, I don't know what the effect would be.

Life's too short to be uncomfortab.e, and at 58, I am not a slob...nice, comfy clothes, but comfy nontheless. No more heels...low, comfortable shoes. So much less strain and stress this way.

Sue
  9. jake123

jake123 New Member

If I could work in my pajamas and houseshoes, I would have a better attitude. :~)
  10. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...I'm not sure if I get a burst of energy exactly, but I definitely feel better once I'm home & comfy. I am usually able to get enough of a second wind to get some stuff accomplished most evenings. But yes, comfy clothing helps! Just having shoes off helps me a lot!

Hugs,
    Pam