Feel Dizzy, but your not a Blonde?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kredca4, Aug 18, 2003.

1. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Just wondering if anyone has had a Dizzy spell, but where it's mostly on one side of the body?
    I do have Mastoiditsis, and some Disc's in the C4/5/6 are causing me problems, so I thought it might have something to do with one or both, maybe causing a Pinced nerve, that might be affecting a Trigger point, but I can't find anything in my gob's of research notes, so I'm starting to think this might be a New Problem.

I had to cancell a Lunch date, no wonder I don't have Friends, ;o) I keep cancelling.

The past few times that I have Driven, I noticed that I felt lightheaded at first, but then it cleared up,
    Before I got out of the long driveway we have in the Park, or else I would have gone right back home.
    I also do not drive while on my Meds., so it's not that, I also hadn't taken anything this am either when it first started.

The only other time I can recall this Weird feeling, was when they dx my MVP. WOnder if that's the cause.
    My BP is Normal, and ususally is.

I'll have to call the PC in the am and hopefully, get some answer's. HA! Probably send me to the ER instead. Hope not.

Anyway thanks for any reply's, and hope I didn't offend any Blonde's out there. ;o>

Sincerely,
    sharon
    [This Message was Edited on 08/18/2003]
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Born blonde, turned brown - dang!

Dizzy quite often, run into walls, etc. No reason found for it - yet. All tests come out A-Ok, I really must not be sick (LOL). I'm careful; get up slowly, slow down my walk pace and keep a hand out to grab whatever is available to stay upright.
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

that usually, cause me to be Unbalanced (Check out the SCM trigger points of Chronic Myofascial Pain Disorder).

This is really different, but this morning it dosen't seem so bad, so I'm wondering if maybe it is a Pinched nerve causing me to be Dizzy. I also can't see very well, eye's are Blurry too. Hmmmmmm.! Waiting for a Doctor's call back today, hoping for the best, I really don't want to have to go back to the Hispital for more test's.

Thanks for answering me, Susan, and Howdy, don;t think I have talked to you before, nice to meet you, sorry it;s because of Us Both being here because of the DD's.

Sincerely,
    sharon
  4. Chrissy3

Chrissy3 New Member

Hi Sharon,

I havnt been diagnosed with FM only CFS but I am constantly unbalanced and had a bad dizzy spell today at work followed by a bad headache and blurry vision and I feel wiped out now. Think it may have been some kind of migraine. Scary though I hate feeling dizzy.

Chrissy
  5. mrskbarnett

mrskbarnett New Member

What does this stand for? I see it all the time, now I kinda feel stupid asking.
  6. Kim

Kim New Member

C-5 also injured.

Doctors in disagreement as to what the cause.

MVP
    Anxiety
    depression
    vertigo
    car accident
    hypotension
    migraine

Mine does get worse when I encounter more stress

kim
  7. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

but, only became a dizzy blonde after this DD. ha ha I don't think mine is my meds either. I not to stand up to quickly and to be careful not to let myself become overwhelmed with things so that I breath normally instead of too quickly but, I still get light headed. Sorry I don't have any answers either. But, I will keep an eye on this post in case someone else does.

Lisa
  8. sapphire

sapphire New Member

Hi Sharon,
    Your symptoms sound like mine before I had surgery on my neck. I had 3 discs removed and and a fusion done 6 weeks ago. I was having alot of neurological problems before the surgery but most have cleared up along with the dizziness and blurry vision. I have spinal stenosis and it has caused some permanent damage like my face and shoulders are numb, etc. If you are having neck problems, don't let them go like I did till it causes permanent damage. I didn't know I had stenosis till this past January but it was something I was born with. I'm really glad I had surgery because I have seen alot of improvements. I have had no FM pain. In Chicago, where I had surgery they are doing research in the connection with FM and stenosis. I'm in a 2 year study they are doing. They are finding alot are getting dx'd with FM when it's really stenosis causing the pain. It was in my case.

Take care,
    Sapphire
  9. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

Yesterday the holistic nurse and I were talking about this. I have been bothered by this for as long as I can remember. But, I said I thought overall..I may be getting a little better in the last three weeks. She smiled and said..Sher..by the time you are done..I do not think you will have anymore dizzy days!

I was most pleased. She is treating my adrenals. She said she thinks all the dizziness and lightheadedness comes from that!

Just thought I would pass this info on. Good luck...Sherry
  10. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Yesterday, wasn't to bad, but it's back today, I wonder if it's from being on the Computer longer than I have been for awhile.
    Staying off the computer was suppose to help Calm down the neck muscles, but it still hurts when I do stary off, so if I'm gonna hurt, I'm gonna do what I want, lol.

I do think it's the Spinal Stenosis, and the Degenerative Disc Disease that is causing the Dizzness. Because nothing in my Everyday life (what's that) has changed.

Denice, I think you might be on to something about the Beach air, it's been Putrude for years now. When I lived downtown, 2 blocks from the Ocean, I had to keep mywindow's close sometimes because of the smell.
    I now live by a area mixed with Homes, and Industral Parks, plus the Train is a block away, and we do have a lot of Semi Traffic, we are close to the 91, which get's a lot od Disel Pollution, so I have to hide in my bedroom by afternoon. And they say our Air Quailty has improved, yeah right.

Ya all have a Great day, I'm going to Try and have one myself. ;o)
    sharon
  11. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I used to feel dizzy and have vertigo for years but now I'm better. If I get dehydrated which happens quickly in this heat I start feeling dizzy so make sure you drink plenty of water. I carry a water bottle with me in the car at all times.

I also do a few stretching exercises for my neck and chest as I have trigger points from the fm which get bad if I don't stretch at least twice a day.

Also low blood sugar can cause dizziness so eat a high protein meal and see if that helps.

Love, Jasmine
  12. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

My Hubby asked me the same thing, was I drinking enough water, I guess I'm not, so I will put a bottle on my Night/day Stand, and see if I feel better, the worse that can happen is I'll get the "Big D", but I'm leaving the house the way it is, so it's a risk I can take.

I had an accident once, because I had been drinking lot's of water and Lemonade it had been really hot. We were at a Church BBQ, and it's a good thing we lived close by, eek!

Sincerely,
    sharon
    BTW Jasmine, I have a Cute Photo of the "Girls" from my trip to Seattle, wanna see it? Don't tell Lynne and I'll post it in my Bio for a short time, lol.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2003]