Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockgor, May 5, 2006.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Little known culinary history: Today is the birthday of Sir Richard Hellmann, founder of Hellmann's Mayonnaise. His first plant was located in England.

In 1912 a shipment of 2000 cases was aboard the Titanic, on its way to New York and from there to Vera Cruz. This was the first attempted shipment to Mexico.

When Mexico learned that its anticipated delicacy had sunk in the North Atlantic, it was devestated. A national day of mourning was declared that is still observed today:

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 05/05/2006</i>]
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I have tears running down my face. I had to read it twice. Very, very good. You get the gold star for the week.
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Oh Add Funny to your post title.
    That really got me!!!

Love Anne C
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm sending it to my dad! Thanks for the laugh!
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I got this last week from a friend and it never gets old thanks for the laugh!now pass the mayo lol
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i do not like mayonaise anyways...i go w/mircle whip instead...do you know what mircles i have whipped...lol

it didn't work on any of my ex's except in the potatoe salad and coleslaw...

there are too many parties out here in cali celebrating and getting drunk over "cinco de mayo"

well maybe the next time i should try mayo on the bf's instead maybe the will celibrate de me"o"

7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That was baaaaaaad, (but very funny)!
    Muchas gracias,
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

so &lt;BR&gt;
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

thought Jean (have to mention you, you know) ws giving me a link to bump on Chit Chat - Rock must've posted this here when everything was being allowed for a while....&lt;BR&gt;
    Anyway, it's still funny..... and timely.
  10. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

.........I'm trying to sink of a gouda response that isn't too hammy but not being tuna sure of eggzactly what I would say I sink I'll just stop here......!
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Not too sure who dug this up. Jean? Victoria? Someone sent it to me years ago. &lt;BR&gt;
    Posted it on the Chit Chat board a few hours ago.&lt;BR&gt;
    I try to save things on the computer, but w/ my brain fog, Alzheimer's and a&lt;BR&gt;
    recalcitrant computer, stuff keeps disappearing. I have to rewrite this every year.&lt;BR&gt;
    It's so important to have family traditions. And we are all one family here.&lt;BR&gt;
    (And we have little squabbles now and then to prove it.)&lt;BR&gt;
    A laugh now and then won't cure us, but helps keep us going as somebody (the&lt;BR&gt;
    Energizer Bunny?) said.&lt;BR&gt;
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

tradicion is muy importante...&lt;BR&gt;
    Just make my BLT with Hellman's!&lt;BR&gt;