feel ill in stores-try this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by patchwork, Aug 11, 2003.

1. patchwork

patchwork New Member

I picked up from a Lyme website tips for dealing with that terrible feeling you get in stores and offices. I tried it out and it really helps.
    Wear a pair of rose tinted sunglasses - this really helped me with that awful flickering from floeurescent lights.
    Chew a peppermint, or candy with peppermint oil in it.
    Put a dab of peppermint oil under the nose before going in the store.
    I've forgotton the theory of why the peppermint oil works, but it does help. I've found it helps anywhere where I get sensory overload too.
    Try it!
    Patchworkxx
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Very good advice! I found the sunglasses are the greatest in certain stores, especially Wal-Mart, Home Depot and Lowe's. They have lighting that is brighter than sunlight, and it is horrible for us.

Besides the peppermint, Wintergreen is even stronger, oil or even the BreathSavers will work. It has some kind of effect on the brain, and it will clear your head quickly, and you will not feel that 'I am going to faint feeling!'.

I also use Oil of Oregano, just a dab under the nose and it keeps me from catching viruses and the sensory overload too.

Good post, thanks for reminding us...........

Shalom, Shirl

3. Iggy_RN

Iggy_RN New Member

only the pure kind w/out being cut w/alcohols. When my father was going thru chemo, he was very nauseaus, he would use pep oil on a hanky and sniff it every now and then, and he always got such a kick out of this, cuz it worked so well!!! Good advice!!! Blessings Iggy
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just stick 1/4 of a Klonopin under my tongue to stop the sensory overload and it works right away.

Love, Mikie