Feel like giving up diet, exercise, supplements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I don't know where to start. I'm 45 and have had FM since my early 20's. So sick and tired of "Trying" everything to help me and my FM always wins, not me.

Ever since the late 1990's when I was put on Elavil and Paxil, ( I wasn't even diagnosed with FM at the time), my FM body has been shot.

My FM was not very good before these drugs, but I really do believe they started a "metabolic syndrome" problem for me, as well as slower thinking and overall decline in my health.

First was the Elavil, gained 40 pounds and a HUGE host of other negative side effects, then it was the Paixl, gained an additional 60 pounds. Withdrawal from these drugs were hell and I promised myself I would never go back on AD's ever again.

Gaining a huge amount of weight was devastating for me since I was a mere 130 pounds before I got on them and I was 31 years old.

Since that time, I have tried Nutrisystem and had to send it back, the food additives made me sick, I bought an exercise bike and was going on it for at least 6 months, half an hour a day, I barely lost any weight, although my legs are a little more muscular. A friend of mine and I started the Southbeach diet which I absolutely hate and can't stick to it because I have been getting migraine headaches. She yelled at me the other day and said that I "gave up" too easily and that I am negative, I came close to wanting to hit her, but I didn't :)

Oh my, was I hurt and upset. Giving up????? I have done nothing but try to help my FM and this horrible weight problem for years. I don't even have any desire to keep taking my supplements, becaue I feel why bother with it, nothing helps anyway.

Obviously, I am depressed and I feel rightfully so, who wouldn't be. I can't go to my doctor, they only suggest drugs, and when you tell them that you are drug sensitive, I can tell they don't have anything else to suggest or say, almost like I am wasting their time, or they don't believe me. No wonder why its been said that FM is a lonely illness in more ways than one.

Although I have lost a little bit of the weight over the years, just by stopping those awful drugs, I do feel they have ruined me. How am I supposed to deal with a weight problem caused by these drugs, a full time job,and deal with the FM at the same time? Talk about insult to injury. I feel isolated, misunderstood, and soooooooooooooooooooooo tired of it. Not sure what to do. Thanks for listening, hugs Chelz. Long rant, sorry about that