Feel Like I'm Losing It :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cyndi40, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Cyndi40

Cyndi40 New Member

I'm having sooooo much pain that has lasted past several days. You would not believe the meds I'm on and it's partially taking the edge off, but everything is wearing off around 3 hours. Not sure how much longer I can deal with it. I feel like dying and would love to just die and go to heaven right now :( Those who pray here, please ask God to give me relief tonight. I am in tears and begging for relief. God bless you all and I am so so sorry if you are hurting this bad. It's a nightmare.
    Cyndi
  2. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Oh I am so sorry you are in such pain. I know exactly what you are going through. Been there myself just yesterday. Please just hold on and it should pass as long as you know it is not something serious that you need to seek emergency treatment for. If you have any inkling that it is or does not seem normal for you please get to the ER.

If it is just a bad flare the way I get through is just keep waiting and waiting for the next time I can take meds and telling myself it will pass. I know it will. Gets kinda scary sometimes though huh? I am praying for you right now. Also don't forget to ask for help. I know that sometimes I forget and it does make a difference if I ask God to help me. So easy to think of others and not ourselves sometimes. Have you tried a nice warm bath? Or maybe a heating pad?

Just know if you are in a bad flare, it will pass. Just amazing how much pain the body can stand isn't it. Please seek medical treatment if this is not normal for you.

Prayers going up, up and away.............
    ((((((Soft Hugs)))))))))))))
  3. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

My best friend is Cyndi also.

I do know how you feel. For five days Wed-Sun last week I also had horrific pain, chills and generally feeling awful. My right arm was acting up so much that I could hardly lift it. Weird!

I had the thought that it is very difficult to determine whether I have an infection - cold/flu whatever sometimes or if it is a bad flare. It affects me with severe depression at times and I have entertained the thought of just leaving the pain behind. BUT, then the pain lessens and I can take some pleasure again in things.

I'm not sure if it is any consolation to know that you are not alone and that there are many of us that have experienced the same feelings.

Hope you feel better now.
    Val
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Cyndi:
    We make it through the flares. It's a fact of life.
    They come and they go. I get mine every three weeks or so.
    I pray through it. It might sound ridiculous, but when the meds aren't working I do pray to pull me out of it.
    I know it seems simplistic, but it gets me through those days when nobody understands.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. rdrose

rdrose New Member

I can definitely relate I just had a bout like that that lasted almost three weeks. I know its awful, I was praying for death too. All I can say is hold on to God's strength and power He is the only thing that gets me thru. Lord knows here on earth there isnt enough pain medicine to kill it when it flares up this bad. I was wondering what part of the world you are in,sounds like we have a lot in common. Im a single mom of a two girls,one grown and has a baby,the other is 17 and although I love her more that life itself. She makes my existence quite difficult with my illness. She still expects mom to do everything I could before and I just cant get into her head,Im not her anymore. My body has been torn down so bad,Im only 40 and I feel like 80 most days. My mind isnt even like it was before, im disabled now because of it.And the thought of never working again shares the hell out of me!!! (excuse my french) Anyway,to tell u Im in Fresno,calif. Would love to hear from you again I dont have many friends anymore. Just one girlfriend. It is nice to finally talk to someone who understands my situation.
    Please just hang on. I know how awful it can be.I will give you one of my favorite verses that helps me:
    Ps.46:1 God is our refuge and strength,an ever-present help in trouble.
  6. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I am new so don't know you yet. But I know your pain. I suffer with FM and RSD so have chronic pain all the time. My flares can last over a month lots of times. I had to stop working four months ago because I could not handle the pain any more. All I did was go to work and then go home to bed. The weekends were useless because i had to try and recoup so I could go back to work on Monday. It can be so utterly dsepressing and overwhelming. But you will get through this bad flare. What I did was find people I could trust who would check up on me when I was at my lowest. I also pray very hard for relief. I stopped looking at a day as 24 hours. I broke it up into minutes and concentrated on that. When it was excruciating I would work on getting through just ten mimutes. If that was too hard, I'd try five minutes. Whatever I was able to do was a victory. A huge victory! I also called the suicide hotline # I had. They really helped me get through the night a couple of times. I learned how to reach out for help. Having a support group like this is very validating. You are important to your friends here. I am looking forward to getting to know you better, Cyndi.

Tender heart hugs,
    Marie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/14/2005]
  7. miss_chronicpain

miss_chronicpain New Member

Cyndi,

I too suffer from chronic pain. I just joined this site's chat and message boards, looking for some support. I have none from my family. I was diagnosed a month ago with fibromyalgia and clinical depression. I am only 18 years old and my parents have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that I'm in chronic pain/fatigue/depressed all the time. They try to "wish it away" by saying that I'm using my complaints re fibromyalgia as an excuse!

There have been many times ive felt that if i were to die, i would make everyone's life much easier. My parents wouldnt have to worry so much about all the meds im on (still in the process of finding the right hypnotic anti-depressant). I feel i cause my family a lot of heartache, but its something I can't change! They just get angrier and angrier with me because they choose to not know what this syndrome is all about.

I don't know what to do either. I'm seeing a therapist, and shes going to help me find some coping techniques, in tandem with my GP doctor, to help find the right medications, and so on.

So please, Cyndi, know you have me for support. I'm in the exact same place as you. Also, there are so many people on here that show whole-heartedly that they care. I hope they will for me to.

(((hug)))

-->Lauren
  8. miss_chronicpain

I'm thinking your last post was in regards to my message:

The medications that I'm on are:

- Trazodone (hypnotic anti-depressant) 150mg @ night, 50mg in morning (my GP prescribed this to also help with the FM pain which we think is from not getting restorative sleep)

-Lortab (Hydrocodone 10/500)5 times a day

-Valium - 3 times a day

-Tolectin (anti-inflamatory) - 3 times a day

I was already loaded on the bottom 3 drugs from a chronic pain issue in my jaw. My mandibular disk on the left slide slipped out of place during my wisdom teeth surgery! Ever since then (Aug. 04), I have been on those strong drugs. However, over timee, they of course stop working as well, and I feel I need to take higher and higher amounts to get the same affect.

I am about to start college the end of this month, and I stil have got NO relief from the 3 anti-depressant we have tried (Remeron, Serzone, and now Trazadone). I just feel helpless...
  9. miss_chronicpain

My jaw problem started a little over a year ago. My left disc popped out of place during sugery, had a few manipulations to try and get it back in place. Neither worked and i was still in horrible pain in my jaw massater muscle. Finally i went to the top oral surgen in the US...Dr. Truelove @ the University of Washington Medical School. He was able to put the disc back in place, and with a lot of icing, heating and stretching, im making a lot of pogress. Chronic pain is still there.

So a month ago, I was diagnosed with FM and Clincal Depression. See, so i was already in pain from that mistake (by the way are thinig of sueing him...long story..) Im just at a loss right now.
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm so sorry you are hurting so badly that you are sitting and crying right now. I was that way this morning with a bladder infection and the pain was horrible. Much better now, though.

I know the pain pills are supposed to last 6 hours and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they don't even seem to be taking the pain away.

You should post on the prayer thread and ask for prayers for yourself.

Flares are terrible and I surely hope one day there is a med that will really take all of our pain away.

What meds are you on? I haven't checked your profile yet. I'm certainly hoping you'll feel better.

Hugs,
    Faye