feel like i'm the only one with FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debthereb, Nov 11, 2006.

1. debthereb

debthereb New Member

Hello anyone with FM.

I am British and live in Greece 20 years now, happily married with 3 kids. I don't know how long i have had FM but it must be a long time, i also have degenerative arthritis and i am only 42.
    My question to you is about medication, i have not been taking anything and now can't stand it anymore. I was prescribed antidepressants, only 20mg a day. I was told it would be better to take 40mg a day, but am not sure about it. Will stick to 20mg for now and magnesium. I am taking Prozac as i have tried other antideps and they don't suit me.
    Anyone else on antideps ? What kind ? Do they help ? Or do you feel like a zombie ?
    I have never met anyone else with FM and feel very much alone, sometimes thinking that i am going crazy.
    I need to know that there are other people that have the same pain that i do. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP.
  2. Summit

Summit New Member

obviously, you are Not the only one with FM. Although I know how you feel, I've only met one other person that has FM (other than people on this forum) so I felt very alone also. But, you've found the right place! We know what your going through! As for meds, I'll leave that up to you and your doctor. Take care
  3. Susi-di

Susi-di New Member

Welcome to the Board. Everyone is friendly here,very supportive, and informative. I'm glad I found it & you will be too.
    To answer your question... I am taking Zoloft (an antidepressant) which I have been taking for almost 10 years, before I was diagnosed with FM (this past summer). It is one of the things prescribed to help alleviate the pain/anxiety of FM so of course I am just continueing to take it. The only side effect I've ever had from it is occasional night sweats, other than that I feel perfectly normal and cannot tell I am taking anything. I too have started taking Magnesium and also Super-B Complex. You said you are taking Prozac... well I've tried that on two different occasions and it made me very sick, so everyone has to find what works well for them.
    I wouldn't say the Zoloft (or ANY anti-depressant) takes away all of the pain, and since I was already on it I don't know how I'd feel off of it at this point. Well, good luck in finding what is best for you. Susan (Susi-di)
  4. Susi-di

Susi-di New Member

I forgot to mention, I also feel alone with this FM too, no one I know has it. Lucky them. My Mother however has Rheumatoid Arthritis, among other things, so she understands to an extent. Best of luck. Susi-di
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

debthereb:

Welcome!

I am a strong believer in the use of strong pain meds for the relief of pain.

Before I starting taking any I was quite like you.

I remember the anti-depressant days and believe some can only help with so much, but worth taking.

You feel better soon!

nyrofan