Feel like I'm walking on the bottom of the ocean

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ericdinbstn, Feb 1, 2007.

1. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

Hi everyone-

This is a bit of a rant and maybe a bit of a cry for help. I'm about at the end of my rope. I'm so tired all the time and in pain everywhere everyday. Today I'm moving around so slowly, it feels like I"m walking through deep water. I have a lot to be thankful for in my life, but I'm frustrated because this disease/syndrome whatever, is causing me not live that life to the fullest. I'm 36 and feel like I'm 86. Pain medications work but so far many of them have also caused such severe itching that it's become a choice of big red scratches all over my body and no pain or pain. On a bunch of stuff for sleep, (insurance will only cover 10 pills for Lunesta) and while I sleep through the night, I don't know how good it is. On Cymbalta which my Doc just upped to 60mg 2x a day (but insurance won't cover it). I guess I'm just frustrated, and angry. Sorry about the whining and ranting and length, but I needed to get this off my chest to people who'd understand.

Thanks.

Eric
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

If I didnt know any better, I could swear that I wrote this post.

I feel the same exact way as you do.

Im so fed up right now. Im back on disability...and I feel im too young to be in this situation.

This condition has taken such a toll on me.

I had the same problem with the Lunesta when I had Tufts....they only wanted to cover 10 pills a month and that was with a $45 co-pay. Now that I dont work anymore Im back on Medicare and they wont pay for it at all. They dont want to pay for many meds.

Feel free to rant anytime you want. I feel a little better being able to talk to a person that lives in my area and sees the same doctor as I do.

Anytime you need to let off some steam Ill lend an ear. Just remember you arent alone.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  3. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

That helps a lot. As much as friends and family are supportive, they just don't quite understand the things that we have to deal with.
  4. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

I feel so bad for you!!
    Have you tried taking Remeron to help you sleep? I take 15mgs at night. My DH's insurance won't cover it and it only costs about $60.00 a month.
    Can't your Dr. give you something that doesn't make you itch? Can You take Benedryll? My Dr. told me that if DH"S insurance doesn't pay for the sleeping pills to take that so you could try and kill two birds with two stones so to speak..It should also help with the itching the other meds are causing..
    Hope this offers some help..
    CindyVR
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

You came to the right spot ya' know? A good rant is sometimes the best thing you can do. We all have days where it is the absolute last twine hanging at the end of the rope. The itching sounds like an allergic reaction to me. I know that I am allergic to oxicoton and it makes me itch like poison ivy. I live my life to the fullest on the days that I can. I also live my life to the fullest on the days that I can't if that makes sense. I have learned to be my best cheerleader and yes, back in the day, I was a cheerleader. If all I can do on one day is take a shower, get back in my jammies and read a book then I pat myself on the back for getting to the shower. Be easy and loving on yourself especially on the worst of days. It takes alot of us a long time to get the drugs all figured out and this website is a great place to look for what is working for others.
    Go Eric, Go Eric
    Mujuer
  6. spacee

spacee Member

That is exactly how I felt when I was your age. I had three boys and I used to think, "no one would expect an 86 year old to raise three kids."

Through trial and error I am much better but the kids are gone so that is part of it too. But not all, everytime I start feeling alot better I cut back on my supplements (cause they are SO expensive). Then I am back to taking three naps a day and I figure out I really need the supplements.

Rant all you need to, we know how you feel!

Spacee