feel like someone shut off the ON switch to my body and brain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrocyclist, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Fibrocyclist

Fibrocyclist New Member

I've had fibro since 1996. Since then, I've gotten well enough to become a beginner competetive road cyclist which I've been doing for the past 5 years. I have been doing great the past few weeks until two nights ago I could feel my whole body and brain shut down. Everything hurts, my eyes hurt, my head feels heavy inside my skull, my eyes are drooping, I can't stay awake, I feel disoriented, light headed.....I dont feel better after I sleep or after I eat or after I have caffeine or even after I take vitamins. I can't seem to turn myself back 'ON'. I can only describe it as everything has seemed to shut down. I've been crying easily and I feel easily angered.

Has this happened to anyone else? Could it be my adrenal glands? Diabetes? Barometric pressure change? I don't know.

I want my 'mojo' back!
  2. frickly

frickly New Member

This happened to me yesterday and am certain it was a result of cleaning my kitchen with bleach. It hit me pretty quick and I couldn't stand and it was very difficult to even lift my arm. I also got a soar throat and my lymph nodes became swollen (one of my main symptoms). I posted about this under "CFS Triggers" yesterday and am still recovering today. Try to think if you were exposed to anything new right before this happened. Maby you can avoid it in the future. I am also affected by the weather.

It's awsome that you are able to be a competetive cyclist. When CFS hit me hard, I was very involved in my cycling class at the gym and hoping to get my own bike when my daughter got into kindergarten and start doing the MS 150 with a few others. I can't do this now but it is still a goal.

Take care,
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Fibro, I had a similar experience; only I already had CFS & Lupus, but was still an avid horseback rider. One day, at the age of 60, I was thrown & that's when I developed Fibro. I have not been the same since.

But all of the "causes" you mentioned could be a part of a puzzle that you can manage with the help of an alternative or integrative Doc.

I know it's a huge shock when you get hit with an attack like that. It truly is like someone switched the light 'off'.

Good luck in your research.