Feel like the world is crashing down on me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sicktiredafraid, Dec 18, 2011.

1. sicktiredafraid

sicktiredafraid New Member

What else can I say I have been so down with my Fibro and CFS iam having extreme amounts of anxiety attacks and I cannot stop crying. I had my disability hearing on Nov 30 and I don't feel good about it at all, I am a single mother with a 14 year old who cannot even get up with him in the morning. We will be homeless if I do not win my case.
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your problems. Yes, they are terribly scary. Welcome to Pro Health boards. I see you are new to the boards. You may want to get onto the part of boards that might be best to help you.

Go to Select a Board at the top left here and select the Fibromyalgia and CFS boards and or Depression. There are so many people on here that are so knoledgeable on these thing you are talking about. I am 71 yrs old and past the stage of disability and having children living with me :)!! Sorry I didn't look but you might want to give us some info (in your profile) on yourself that will help us to understand you and your situation better. Not sure if I saw anything or not. I did see that you were a new joiner to Pro Health. I have been so busy that Ididnpt think to check to see if you had already put any info up there.

Hang in there sweetie. You are stronger than you think you are. I have had FM and probably some CFS for over 25 years and just had to push through it with 5 children and a husband. No one knew anything about it then. I think most docs thought we were looney and that we were making up symptoms. There wasn't even a name for any of it then.

Go check out the rest of these Pro Health boards. Many will have information to give you and support. Sorry I have to run for now but let us know how you are doing.

Good luck to you and your child. I wish you the very best. Don't think negatively. If you don't get passed this time try again.l I am sure many on the boards have tried more than once and they can give you some tips and ideas.

Blessings to you hon,
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very sorry for all that you are going through. I pray for all of us every day because our illnesses affect not only our bodies and brains but also our families, our relationships, and our finances. I know it can be overwhelming and you are at the worst time, having to be sick enough to show that you can do no work at all and, at the same time, trying to heal. We don't want to be sick; we want to work and be able to do what "normal" people do--what most of us once were able to do. We go through a grieving process for what we've lost due to our illnesses. If you have any access to therapy, it might help. It helped me to cope and helped me reach acceptance.

We can have anxiety due to our circumstances, same for depression, but we can also have these due to chemicals in our brains. Many here have used anxiety drugs, anti-seizure meds, and anti-depressants to help with this. I take Klonopin to sleep and have found it also relieves anxiety, sensory overload and other symptoms. Klonopin is a heavy-hitter drug so a good doc is necessary.

I know it probably doesn't help to know that so many of us have faced what you are facing now. Take an inventory to see what is in your ability to do, recognize what is out of your hands, and turn those things over to God. All you can do is what is in your ability to do. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  4. springwater

springwater Active Member

for your health to improve and for you to win your disability.

Also for your dear son and good things to happen all around.

God Bless