Feel like you're in a cloudy dream?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Jun 20, 2004.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

THis is kinda wierd, but do any of you feel like you're in a cloudy sort of dream a lot of the time? Is this detachment? Is it brain fog? It feels weird but that's the only way I can think of to explain it.
  2. craziC

craziC New Member

I experience this a lot. I feel sorta out-of-body. Like everything is happening, my body is moving and I'm talking to people but my head is congested. That's the only word I can think of to describe it.

It's like a traffic jam. My brain just freezes up. I've often forgotten words. Can't remember how to get somewhere. That kind of stuff.

It can extremely frustrating.

Hang in there - one day at a time

Cheri
  3. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

yes i do all the time!
    I have Cfs,Fibro,Polymyalgia Rheumatica,IBS & Sjgrens Syndrome.
    I feel like im on another planet most of the time & its a world where no one else understands me.
    |Take care
    Fibrolady37
  4. jesushomegirl

jesushomegirl New Member

Sometimes mid-flare I feel this way. It scares me. I almost feel like I am watching a "movie" of myself, and that things going on around me are just part of it.

I am feeling bad today, and its that way today. I am very fatigued, and i had a bad time yesterday with IBS constipation, resulting in muscle strain, which threw me into a flare.

I feel that its detachment and brain fog, we are detaching from the scene around us, because its draining our resources, and its overwhelming us.

Mikie(moderator) if I am not mistaken, says its like a siezure. Whatever it is its creepy!!

Take care,
    Carly
  5. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Yes this happens to me daily, but some days I am really out there. On several occassions when I was doing dishes I tried to fit a bowl into the utensil holder. It's very odd. I really hate being foggy brained. I sympathize with your frustration.
    ruby
  6. redwing074

redwing074 New Member

I get super cloudy in the evening. I try and take my sleep meds early, because it takes forever for them to kick in. So if I want to be asleep by 11:30, I've got to take them around 9.

I have conversations with my kids and husband that I don't remember the next day. Then when they go into greater detail I'll have a very vague recollection of it.

I am no longer held responsible for anything I do or say after 9 pm. :')
  7. Julie81

Julie81 New Member

I think this deserves a bump seems like this sort of thing hasn't been discussed for awhile. I go threw the exact same thing. Am doing ok today but it comes and goes. Just got out of it after a month. Any advice?
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That can feel as though one is navigating through pea soup fog. Mine went away when I started on the Guai treatment. I still have cognitive problems sometimes, but the fog is gone unless I get really sick.

Love, Mikie
  9. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I can't drive when I get this way. It's like living behind a layer of saran wrap.
  10. zoemurr

zoemurr New Member

This is my worst symptom. I have had it 24/7 for over a year. I'm not on any meds, so that's not my issue.

I've mentioned it to a few docs who of course think I'm nuts. I've just started with Dr. J in Cleveland, and I'm hoping she can figure this out.

The scariest thing is that I think I'm getting used to it.
    :( It can get very scary when it's really bad.

-Sherry
  11. brimcp

brimcp New Member

hey i just read your profile and i have a quick question did you have the spacey feeling before you came down with the stomach flu even though you had cfs before that. I was just wondering because i got really bad food poisoning and have felt really drugged ever scince.
  12. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

If I manage to stop sensory overload by going in a dark rm etc ,it stops,if not that not all there feeling comes on.Linda
  13. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

with the fog ..off and on my vision is goofey. It is like the out side circle is cloudy and then the center of what I am looking at is clear.

Ok...how many others have something like this going on?

Or is it just one of my funny little deals?

To top this off...I had to edit this because when I read it I had of and on and I could not figure out that the heck I was trying to say for quite a while...then I realized it should of read off and on...just another day huh? [This Message was Edited on 07/23/2006]
  14. jcom

jcom New Member

What is Guai treatment??
  15. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I feel like this frequently. For me, I think it's a combination of fibro-fog, medication side-effects and detachment. God bless, Anne Theresa
  16. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Cloudy dream is a good descirption - I like to call it living in a Pink Floyd song.
  17. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

catatonic state during the last several months of trying to hold onto a job. Prior to that, I would have those hazy days often enough, but not CHRONICALLY like that.

It lightened considerably when my doctor put me on klonopin. (I only use .5 mg at night)

I now no longer work and it is no longer a major issue for me. Occasionally I run out of klonopin, and within a few days, I start to enter "the fog" again. Of course, my doctor says that's WITHDRAWAL. She seems to forget that the surreality of the "foggy state" PRECEEDED my use of klonopin.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/24/2006]
  18. maggie428

maggie428 New Member

Hi to all~~~for a long time I have had this spacy feeling. Rather a out of body experience. I also forget things someone has told me and have trouble concentrating when someone is trying to tell me something. I have been on Klonopin for quite a while for a tremor but that does not help. In fact I think it makes the fog worse. After I was dionozed with Fibro a few months ago my Doctor subscribed for me 30mg Cymbalta and I have found that has helped me very much. I still have the struggle to concetrate but my mind does seen more cleared up. No one would understand this unless you have experienced it. Guess Cloudy Dream does sum it up!!!!~~~~~My best to all~~~~~maggie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/24/2006]
  19. carebelle

carebelle New Member

This can be caused by low blood sugar,
    It also can be a Peti Mal Seizure,

You really should tell your doctor about this and have an EEG to find out if you are having a Seizure. They can also cause you to feel extremely tired after you have one.

I have these and sometimes it feels as if I am in a tunnel .I can function threw them but I get really sleepy after one.No one can really tell but me when it happens.