Feel No Shame

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Andrew111, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I have a folding seat cane. These devices look sort of like three-prong canes that unfold into a small seat you can sit on. For a long time I was too embarrassed to use mine. But no more. This thing is great. I can sit in a store and talk with a sales rep without getting tired. And last week I used it to sit outside near a planted area while I waited for a taxi. It made my life so much easier I now feel proud to have it.

So if you need some sort of device, give it a try. Some of these things are really helpful.
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I love mine. :) My dad has one too and we have sat together on them in public. I even use mine in line at the grocery store, I sit on it there and it helps and people around me are totally accommodating. I'm in a lot less pain now when I go out because of that cane/stool and it's a great conversation piece. The last time I was at my doctor's, he tried it and liked it and his receptionist and the nurse really liked it too. People stop me in public and ask about it and almost everyone has a relative they think it would be good for.

3. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

That sounds really neat~ I'm curious where are they sold.

Internet or at a particular store?

Thanks, Susan
  4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Just Google for "seat cane".

5. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Thank you Andrew,
    This is so smart. I am looking into this also.
    Hope you are doing better.
    I am thinking of you as you recover.
  7. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

It sounds like a wonderful idea. I get very tired, for me I can walk and not hurt as much as when I stand. Where can I get one!

8. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

teejkay ~ thanks, I googled seat cane there are a few choices~ now to decide which one. :)

I really think this will come in handy for me.

~ great idea Andrew ~ hope you are feeling better.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/06/2008]
  9. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Feel no shame with an device you buy. It doesn't have to be the one I mentioned. Anything that helps us get around can be good.
  10. landra

landra New Member

But i sat on it wrong - with my back against the "handle". Whoops, ended up on the ground - at a wedding pre-party!!

I need to look into one again - it's easier to take than my big walker with a seat. [the walker with the seat was really helpful in a "special election" with the lines!!

I got my cane-seat from a medical equipment store - cost about $50.

thanks for bringing it up.