FEEL OVERWHELMED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrotears, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Fibrotears

Fibrotears New Member

Hi.

Two weeks ago I went to the prof at tygerberg hospital and the sonar showed that my endometrium (lining of the uterus) is thickened.

Last week I went for a follow-up sonar and the endometrium is still thickened. He now wants to do a histeroscopy and biopsy and to scrape the endometrium away.

Things like endometrioses and cancer is racing through my mind! But it can be someting as stupid as a polyp.

He wants to do the procedure 13 July but then I menstruate. The next date is 31 July. But then I'm not in the right time of the cycle!!!! I cannot believe that everything is going wrong for me.

Then Thursday night I suddenly have extreme lower abdominal pain and blood in my urine. I went to the GP on-call in our town. It was (is) a VERY bad bladder infection. Then he asked about my previous symptoms etc. Then I get the news that the ureter (pipe going into your kidney) might be implanted wrong in my kidney.

He wants to do further test.

What else can go wrong???????????

I'm already stressed out about the thickened endometrium and the dates that doesn't work out. Does the prof want me to wait to next year??? And now this kidney story!!

I don't even want to ask what else can go wrong. The last time I asked that I got the bladder infection!!!!

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME?????!!!!

I feel like I'm cracking!!

Love,
    Fibrotears
  2. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Tears:

Sorry to hear of your problems. I also have thickening of the lining of my uterus. I have had this for over a year now, with fairly constant bleeding, pain, etc.

Last year my OB/GYN did the internal ultrasound and thought it better to try medication. Of course it worked for the 3 months that I took it. As soon as I stopped the medication, back to constant bleeding, and a really heavy flow during my normal cycle.

Other problems this past year have forced ob/gyn to consider other possible reasons. I had another internal ultrasound, and it showed that endometrium is still very thick. I was scheduled for a D&C and hysteroscopy and biopsy 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, when I was at my PCP for clearance for the procedure, I had atrial fibrillation, and my PCP cancelled my D&C. I saw a cardiologist and he cleared me to have the procedure. Which is a good thing, as I continue to be anemic and I am really suffering from the heavy bleeding.

I am also concerned about many different possibilities, but know that I need to resolve this as I can barely function these days. I have fibroids, but not sure that is the problem and have had ovarian cysts before as well.

I would suggest that you call the doctor and try to either figure out a date that will work for your.

My doctor was not at all concerned about where in my cycle the procedure would be done...he said it had to be done ASAP, as I am very anemic.

Good luck, and hang in there.

Ingrid
  3. janieb

janieb New Member

Feeling sorry for myself because I never feel well and can't do much. Then I read one of the top postings listed today. Sounds like a guy, and it sounds like he and his family are in big trouble.

I got off that pot in a hurry. At least I can do lots of things.

Sorry about your problems and certainly understand some of what you're going through, because I've been there. There are just days when we do feel like we can't handle all that stuff.

Sincerely hope things improve for you. It will get better.

Blessings,

janieb
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am so sorry about this. Many uyears ago I had a similar thing which was age related as I was getting close to menopause. I also have a thickened bladder wall I get checked every few years too.

I wish you well with the surgical procedure, the worse part of which is gas afterwards or was for me. Even when they do a d and c they always biopsy the lining.

Try not to worry. I know it is a lot to deal with.

Love Anne Cromwell
  5. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh -- hang in there and take it a step at a time. I'm also living the "it's always something" scenario. It's very overwhelming and very mentally exhausting.

Wake forgot to say the last part of her saying "you don't eat an elephant all at once -- you eat it ONE BITE AT A TIME" Actually not sure where the heck that saying came from and WHY an elephant :) Well, you get the jist!

I too feel overwhelmed so much of the time with never being well. I know in my head I need to calm down but for some reason, everything feels like way too much as it's happening. I guess that's where supportive people in your life come into play. I hope by releasing some of it here, you have gained a little strength to persevere -- AND YOU WILL!!!

I will keep you in my prayers :) Please let us know how you make out.

scapper
  6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hello Fibrotears,

I know exactly how you feel. I too, am going through a lot of problems and it seems as if when it rains, it pours.

I already have lumbar spine problems, spondylosis, etc. and seeing someone for that, and also FM and depression.

I was sent for tests, beginning in Nov. 2005, regarding thyroid, CT scan, ultra sound, nuclear medicine, and another ultra sound, and last needle biopsy. Now must see endocrinologist July 10th for further testing.

Then, went to Rheumy, had bloodwork, to find that I'm anemic, VERY high, meaning some bleeding upper or lower GI, and need more bloodwork and colonoscopy.

You are so right, does it ever end???? I am NOT on a "pity party" here, but VERY frustrated, even to the point that I just stopped!!! I needed a break. So, I took it but now, it's time to move on and find out what is going on.

Bless your heart; and I DO feel for you as I know first hand it's not easy "not knowing" and "waiting". But, what else can we do?

I've been told and also experienced that things aren't always as bad as they seem and we always expect the worse, at least I have in the past and do now.

The people here on this board have helped me tremendously and the only way I can thank them is just to say thank you but to know it's from the bottom of my heart.

My prayers are with you and would you please hang in there along with me?

BlueSky555
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

stablized..i have had so many darn surgies it is pathetic...

you will survive this...and remember there is someone always more worse off than you...

thank of those little children w/cancer... that is what i do sometimes when i feel like crap....

hugs
    jodie
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

fibrotears:

My prayers are with you. I am going through a similar situation with the bladder. Yet, as we get older these things will happen and people get through it and then just continue on the road of life.

That thought is the thing that gets me through times like this.

I try to keep everything as 'normal' as I can.

In my prayers,

nyrofan