Feel shaky on the inside???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by tonijo, Sep 22, 2002.

1. tonijo

tonijo New Member

Sometimes I feel shaky like when you havent eaten in awhile. But my hands arent shaking it is just on the inside. Its as if my blood is rushing though my body. Anyone else ever feel this?
    tonijo
  2. tonijo

tonijo New Member

Sometimes I feel shaky like when you havent eaten in awhile. But my hands arent shaking it is just on the inside. Its as if my blood is rushing though my body. Anyone else ever feel this?
    tonijo
  3. diggity

diggity New Member

I have felt that way before. It is a very odd feeling. There have been times that I felt so shaky on the inside that I would try to hold on to myself to try and calm down. It never helped because the shaking wasn't on the outside. I have never figured out exactly what causes it, but it is a weird feeling. I wonder if it is connected to FM?
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I have wondered if it is due to anxiety or maybe that just noticing it causes anxiety, we all spend so much time & energy trying to figure this out.

Maybe it is something to do with the heart rate.....mins sometimes feels like it is racing but it is usually when I am looking up more stupid unexplainable symptoms and my mind gets to working on the "what if's", of course I have convinced myself I have cancer, have had a stroke, etc. Fear of dying seems to be prevalent too with me.

Jaci
  5. tgirl

tgirl New Member

I have CFS and get it when I've overdone things. It's unpleasant and feels so strong, yet it doesn't show on the outside.

Tgirl
  6. marilew

marilew New Member

Yes I get that way too, and especially if I am overtired. It's awful, and all I can do it lay down, but it usually doesn't go away for a long time...may as well just stay in bed for the day. I have FMS & CFS too;
    Yes it's a very ugly sensation.
  7. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I'm going through that at the moment so I feel for you. ((((((((Tonijo))))))))))) It's a very uncomfortable feeling. You described it perfectly by saying it feels like your blood rushing through you.

Hugs,
    Crissie
  8. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

My body speeds and I don't know why. Was checked for overactive thyroid and many other tests. My body is hypersensitive to stimuli. Dr. gave me a dot dose of a long acting beta blocker and it took the shakiness away. Even my Xanax didn't help--the beta blocker did. It must have something to do with my autonomic nervous system.
    Tania
  9. Lanie

Lanie New Member

Not sure why and haven't seen any sort of pattern. I did just find out that I have some thyroid issues due to the Fibromyalgia. Maybe that has something to do with it??
    Lanie
  10. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I also get that..Sometimes I don't get it for a long time, then all of a sudden Whammmmmmm..In fact I have had it for about 3 days now..I think mine is related to my anxiety problems..
    Take Care........Donna

*I also get that way when I'm tired and pushing myself to the limit..Usually a good nap will help somewhat..Also if all kinds of problems are coming at me from all ends, like have to do this, or go here or there all in one day..[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2002]

Also believe it or not, sometimes a nice warm glass of milk with honey in it will help me.........[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2002]
  11. BethM

BethM New Member

Don't know if this is related or not, but when I get very tired I feel like my body is vibrating, like each cell is vibrating. It's a weird feeling, and a definite warning to stop and rest. If I ignore it, I know I'm in for a lot of pain and exhaustion, so I try to pay attention.

Also, I get inner shakes when I go from a warm environment to a cold one, almost like inner body convulsions that start from my belly and work their way outward, until my whole body is trembling. It's a little unnerving for people around me. I know that with FMS our body thermostats don't always work right, and I think that is involved here. It's very uncomfortable, and leaves me exhausted.

Isn't this too much fun?

Peace,
    Beth.
  12. Cindi

Cindi New Member

When it first started, I was on Neurontin, and having many side affects! I've been off of Neurontin for 1 1/2 years, and STILL get this feeling, so I know that it wasn't the med!

Sorry I don't have any answers for you, but at least you know that you're NOT alone:)

Hugs-
    Cindi
  13. dorothy

dorothy New Member

I have been feeling shakey for several days now. And yes, it feels like a nausious, havn't eaten anything, shaky feeling... Then sometimes it feels as though my heart is racing or beating irregular, but when I listen to it it sounds ok. I don't feel hungry but try to eat to relieve the feeling... sometimes it goes away for a little while but then it's right back. Not sure whats going on with me here but it seems to be coming from my stomach.

?????

Dorothy
  14. GILL

GILL New Member

Get the same feeling as you when i have seriously overdone it. I may not have even realised i had overdone it, but then i get the shakes inside and know i am in for a bad few days. I have CFS.

Gill x
  15. nathan

nathan New Member

I always though it was due to blood sugar. I am using high protein shakes and premade drinks like Spiru-teen. You can get it in powder form or ready-made. These feelings do not happen if I keep my protein levels up. I am reactive hypoglycemic which has been documented in lots of Fibro cases and I believe this might be worth you trying. Let me know if it helps. I am a carbohydrate junkie, and always will, but if you can eat high protein foods at each meal, and they say eat 5 smaller meals at evenly spaced times and you can avoid the shaky feelings on the inside. Sometimes it isn't sugar related too, I experience them alot less frequently. I find I get blurry vision too and pain. That's when I take pain killers and a an anti-inflammatory med. like 4 to 600mg.s of Ibuprofen. It is acceptable to take up to 800mg. of Ibuprofen by the bottle dosage so it has a sedative quality at that high dosage which helps to calm the shaky feeling. I find taking walks also help to alleviate that feeling, or getting warm if it happens late at night. Take a hot bath or put on a pair flannel jamies. Good luck I hope you find complete healing soon. God Bless You! Peace, Nathan Mays "fibrokid"
  16. lou

lou New Member

hello..
    i know i am a bit late with replyingbut thought this might be of some use to everyone!
    I have FM.i started having what i describe as internal shaking, or tremors,nearly two months ago.At first was really scared as you all understand because it feels sooo weird. I emailed my rhumy as i was away from home and he told me that it was not something to be majorly scared of and to see him when i got home. I still have it now nearly two months later, it has been almost constant,but i have had a few days where i havent noticed it.
    Although i have not been able to find anything specific that makes me stop shaking i definitely relate to the tiredness side of things. If i am slightly over active then i will shake more, this i think is reassuring as i can relate it to the illness more. when i saw my rhumatologist he described that it was from the nervous system being over active. This makes you mush more sensitive to everything, for instance when my heart beats my whole body noticeably moves , and your senses become over active so that you can feel and hear almost everything that is going on in your body which you wouldnt normally notice.
    I have been doing various detoxing diets recently also but havent been able to relate foods to this at all. I am on a major quest to find out exactly what it is!!. for me it is weird beacuse in the last month all my other symtoms ahve shown so much improvement that if i wasnt shaking inside i would feel, dare i say it...almost normal!!
    so good luck and everyone promise to share any tips on shaking if you find any, as will i!!
    take care, lou
  17. pamela

pamela New Member

when i use to drink cokes and eat carbs and sugar. Now I stopped all that and eat 4-5 times a day; like in the morning I eat 2 scrambled eegs with 2 pieces of SPELT bread. Then 2 hours later I eat a sugar free peanut butter only sandwich or a tuna sandwich. Then at lunch around 11:30 or 12p.m. I eat more tuna sandwich or something I made BUT NO CARBS OR STARCHES!!! Then I eat at 2:30 or 3pm something else. Before I did all this I had the shakeies every a.m. by 9a.m. Now its better. I still get it but it seems more when i'm hungry. So try eating more and eat high protein type stuff!! Love, Pammy