Feel so isolated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaR, Sep 29, 2005.

1. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am searching for a direction to go! I can't seem to do any type of housework...such as vaccuming, bending, etc., or I get muscles spams so bad that I can barely stand upright to get to a chair! I can sit awhile...go numb. Then, I stand, but I can't stand for long. I don't have a weight problem, but my hips are in terrible pain! I dread to see my grandchildren come over, because I can't be there for them, and I know that they don't understand! I am still on Flextra, Keterolac injections, and klonopin (for sleep). I have always worked so hard and loved it. It seems I can do less and less now. I went to my rhuemy a few days back (been going to him for over a year)and he seems to be changing towards me. I can't tolerate any of the antidepressants, and he seems irritated that I can't take them! If I could just find a understanding doc! It seems some people don't believe that I am in pain, which can REALLY be depressing. I have always tried to smile and not show how bad I hurt. I go forward...push, and then collapse! I just feel like know one understands where I am. I am sorry if I have gone on too much...just had to ask if anyone else feels this way?
  2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Dear MamaR,

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. The whole thing just gets old, doesn't it. I get so I hate talking about fm because the subject is boring after living it for awhile.

I bet your grandchildren will understand, if you talk to them about your health. My son is 4 and he is terrific about my being sick.

You will never be alone or isolated here. Please let us know how you are doing.

Take care!

Francie
  3. I could have written your post myself. I feel the same way, so isolated and no one really understands. I am so stiff and sore in all my joints and yes I am getting depressed. I see people older than me out enjoying their lives and here I am on the inside looking out. I too push myself as I don't want to get worse . My rheumie pushes all kinds of meds on me, most I can't tolerate. I am going to him one more time and if he doesn't help me, I won't go back.
    So you are not alone dear. Hang in there.
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

Sometime we could just sit down and cry over what's happened to our bodies. A lot of these doctors are fine unless you buck the system and refuse their meds. I also can't take antidepressants. My very nice understanding doctor suddenly turned nasty. That was the last time I saw her. I'm paying for this????????

A while back I hurt so very very bad and finally bit the bullet and found a gentle chiropractor. I have to say his gentle manipulations really has helped me a lot. I probably had so many things out of place that along with the FM, I was really in pain. Not all pain is connected with FM or RA.
  5. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

We know how you feel. Pain is a difficult burdon. People with normal pain cannot relate. After all, they have pain and get over it.

They don't have a clue what you are enduring. You have not gone on too much. You need to talk about this or it will fester inside and you will get even worse. Keep talking here and we will listen and support you.

You are in my prayers and thoughts.
    Softest heart hugs,
    Maree
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

To: Livnlife, Rileyearl, Fibrobutterfly, Sunflowergirl, Mareeok,
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR ENCOURAGEMENT!

My husband gave me a injection of keterolac before he left for work...I went to bed and it finally kicked in, and I actually slept for 2 hours! I awoke with less pain...Thank God! I came here, and saw all the encouraging words from you all and want to say how much I appreciate it!
    As you all know, we have loved ones that love us, and want to help, but just don't know exactly where we are, so it is such a relief to be able to hear that someone actually can relate...such as you all on this site! I hope to be an encouragement to many others here!
    I hope that you all are feeling well today!!
    God Bless You All,
    Mari...MamaR