Feelin good from shots!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenna11, Mar 14, 2003.

1. jenna11

jenna11 New Member

Hi all!
    Just wanted to share...When my joint pain gets really bad I go to an Ortho Surgeon and get a Steroid injection straight in to the joint (Dexamethasone)...It hurts like hell when they iject it, but it is so worth it!!!! I feel like a new person again today...no joint pain and it also alleves all around muscle aches and pains...I usually have to do this every 4-6 months...but in between I can function nornally without all the pain and muscl spasms...

Jen
  2. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Hi Jenna: I had to go to the ER the other day because of bad coughing, bronchitis, whatever. They ended up giving me a shot of Decadron (cortizone) in the left hip. Shot didn't hurt, but had REALLY bad spasm about 30 seconds later in the injection area. Woke up next morning and wow - no pain, anywhere. I was extremely hyper and shaky, though and was acting like I was on speed or something. Talked to dr and pharmacist right away and they said it was only temporary and to enjoy it while it lasts. I was told by others on this msg board and my doc that these steroid shots can be very dangerous and have terrible long-term side effects. It's been almost a week since shot, and most of my symptoms have come back. Good luck. Soft {{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It sounds as though there is some inflammation with the joints involved and the surrounding tissues as well. I am glad the localized injections are helping you.

Love, Mikie