Feeling a little lonely,,,,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Jul 4, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I was okay earlier today and I even made some phone calls to my online buddies (they in another state) wish them Happy 4'th of July and I managed to schedule another date before I leave for vacation. Then I just starting crying right now, and I just feel so lonely today. I live with my parents and I love them and all but it would be nice to be around those my age.

I guess I just wanted to have friends around to spend with and stuff like that and I don't have that. I have trouble with getting out and meeting people.

I wish I could meet other women my age in my area to hang out with but I don't know how.

Anyway I am on Zoloft and I do take that daily and Xanax for my anxiety and panic attacks.

Any encouragement you have for me?

Thanks.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/04/2006]
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

fhl:

I wish you lived right next to me. We could have coffee, you could take your Xanax, I would take my Klonopin and we could chat about this miserable disease.

Nice thought, but consider there with you now.

nyrofan
  3. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Thanks to everyone that posted. Nyrofan and all I wish that you were all here.

For once I am not wanting to do anything at all LOL. I am usually working on schoolwork and I am tired of school BUT I got one more year to go and I will reach my goal.

I managed to get a date for my birthday and I hope I will have fun and it will not be too bad of a date LOL.

Then a date the weekend after that. I have that going but I just want to go outside and have a good conversation.

I started to do a major clean up in my room. I just want to unload so much stuff, it is driving me crazy.

So I think I will get off my butt soon and do some cleaning up in a bit.

Tomorrow I will going to try to see a counselor through a clinic so I will be there EARLY in the morning to go and get an official diagnosis of depression and anything else they may happen to find. My mood is so up and down dramatically. Oy!

Anyway thank you so much,
    Nicole

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am sorry we don't live closer...atleast you are finishing your schooling...stick with it ...you will find some more firends...

i know what you mean on the lonely part...i am so glad i have connected w/old friends...just recently...i have not had a date for a long time...my situation is a bit different than yours...but we are all sad in other ways...

i am home now and it is 7 pm...i have no significant other with me...i tell myself i do not want to get married again..but i would like someone to go have fun with...

hang in there...tell your therapist everything...don't hold back, don't be embarrased aboiut anything....lay it out there on the line...

i wish you a very good day...keep yourself busy...even if it isn't exactly what you wanted or expected, but atleast you have yoru appt. in the morning...i have one w/my divorce attorney to modify child support...up th ante...

scared to do it...i don't want to hear about it from my ex-husband...how i am taking him to the cleaners...it is so sad for me to need to do this....but i live her ein the northbay...rent is expensive...

i just want to cry right now myself...i am lonely as well...even though i met some people for a bbq earlier..it did me good to get out..but it is 7 pm and no plans now..

they are having a bbbq in the court yard where i live...i just moved here....i really do not want to meet any of my new neighbors...is that bad ....no, just a sign of depression for me...

hugs to you and i envy you are getting your goals down...

i am happy for you...you have a few dates coming up...from what i remember that is a big deal for you...you don't date much ....i understand that one...

xo

jodie
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi Fibrohugslife,

I know exactly how you feel; it's not fun at all when feeling lonely. I live alone with my 2 babies and they, especially Mr. Jenks (chihuahua) is a lot of company to me. My cat stays outside playing with neighbors cats most of the time; he outgrew me.

I am quite the opposite of you; I stay home except when I have to go grocery shopping or Dr. appointment.

Hey, you go out on dates; I haven't even tried dating in several years. I don't think I have the energy nor especially the looks to even get a date, lol!

Please try and get through tonight, after all, tomorrow is another day and you can start again, hopefully feeling better. I'm sure you know you have many, many friends here and I wish we could talk but they just won't let us but we would if we could.

BlueSky555
    Take care and here's withing you a applij
  6. swimmer71

swimmer71 New Member

Hi Sweetheart,

Just wanted to let you know I read your message and am thinking of you. I hope you enjoyed your date.

The only advice I can give you is to try and find some groups that you can participate with and make friends in. Maybe there is a book club or a poetry club....but, I know it is difficult and not easy to find these other people.

Keep the faith, but also make yourself available to get to know other people.

Maybe there is a boys and girls club you can go tutor at? Children love good company and you could also meet other volunteers there.

My best.
  7. DER

DER New Member

I hear you....I am married...and I don't think my husband knows what I am going throuh!!!
  8. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

i hope you feel better soon. just a lil while ago we lit a candle and sent a prayer and energy to everyone who needs it and i was thinking of you and others as i was sending my energy forth. I hope some has reached you and many others whose posts i've been reading.

Angell
  9. DER

DER New Member

thank you....I hope your prayers help me!
  10. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Thanks everyone so much for your kind words and also thank you on the pretty girl comments too *blush*.

I ended up breaking down crying in front of my mother and told her how I felt, and just felt like I was going crazy with this pain...my pain has been going up and I don't know why.

I told her I felt like I just wanted to put myself in a mental institution and then said I would not be able to pay that bill. LOL.

I know that the physical problems is now really getting to me mentally and I have to do something about that for sure.
    I am more scared of what may happen to me mentally than the physical. I am not trying to lose my mind here.

Anyway tomorrow I will go in to see a counselor and see what they say.

I also need to see someone about applying for SSI, I was denied SSDI and will appeal but I need to apply for SSI and see which one I am to get. Confusion....

Anyway thanks everyone. I am still struggling with my loneliness and sadness but my family is all that I have now and I have to accept that.

As for school, all of my classes are online, soooo again no one to meet and hang out with.

Again thanks everyone.