FEELING BETTER!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mellow, Nov 25, 2002.

1. mellow

mellow New Member

Hi everyone. I have not posted for a few weeks as I have been away. I don't know what has happened but I am feeling so much better! I saw my psychiatrist a month ago and he decided to take me off serzone (which is the only med. I have been able to tolerate - and I had tried most of them) and try me on Aropax. At the time I had muscle pain all the time and my rheumy. had diagnosed me with fibro. or "pain all over the body" as he called it and told me that there was nothing he could give me and that it was all due to some repressed event in my life. I left his office in tears, then saw my psychiatrist and told him what had happened. Neither he nor my G.P. were very impressed with the way I was treated. My psychiatrist assured me that it was not "all in my head" and we then decided to try Aropax and see how I went. Well even before I had stopped the serzone the pain had lessened and then was gone. I live in Sydney, Australia and at the time we had and are still having very hot weather with very low humidity. I am taking the Aropax - !/2 tablet daily and feeling so much better. The pain has gone. I don't know whether this is due to the sudden hot weather or what is going on. I know it is probably not related to the change in medication. Can this illness go into remission. Has this happened to anyone else? Mellow
  2. mellow

mellow New Member

Hi everyone. I have not posted for a few weeks as I have been away. I don't know what has happened but I am feeling so much better! I saw my psychiatrist a month ago and he decided to take me off serzone (which is the only med. I have been able to tolerate - and I had tried most of them) and try me on Aropax. At the time I had muscle pain all the time and my rheumy. had diagnosed me with fibro. or "pain all over the body" as he called it and told me that there was nothing he could give me and that it was all due to some repressed event in my life. I left his office in tears, then saw my psychiatrist and told him what had happened. Neither he nor my G.P. were very impressed with the way I was treated. My psychiatrist assured me that it was not "all in my head" and we then decided to try Aropax and see how I went. Well even before I had stopped the serzone the pain had lessened and then was gone. I live in Sydney, Australia and at the time we had and are still having very hot weather with very low humidity. I am taking the Aropax - !/2 tablet daily and feeling so much better. The pain has gone. I don't know whether this is due to the sudden hot weather or what is going on. I know it is probably not related to the change in medication. Can this illness go into remission. Has this happened to anyone else? Mellow
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Enjoy the remission. I had them a few times over the last twenty years. The longest was a year.
    It is possible that you were disdiagnosed too. I don't know about your med, I have never taken it.

The weather plays a big part in some of us, but not all. I live in Louisiana,(USA) its very humid and damp here most of the year, but I do feel much better when we have low humidity and it gets a little cool. But not a complete remission.

Keep us updated on how you are doing, don't be a stranger. So glad you are doing so wonderfully! Hope it continues, and you never get that pain back.

Shalom, Shirl

4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I have not had your experience, but I just love to see the words "Feeling Better!" as a title to someone's post---no matter how it's happened, it's great to see someone getting some consistent relief. And if you CAN figure out the magic combination, maybe you can prolong this remission indefinitely. I'm hoping that's the case!

I was in Sydney about six years ago, and absolutely loved it!! My hubby used to go once a year on business, and one time, we got to go with him. I remember taking a ferry to beautiful Taronga Zoo, and another one to Manly & collecting glass on the beach in the rain! You live in an inspiring environment---I'd love to go back!

Good luck with your remission, I'm hoping it lasts! Let us know how you are getting on...

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Thats wonderful news!!!I love to hear of people getting better,its encouraging!!Hope it lasts~(I never heard of that drug??)
    Love,
    Tracey
  6. mellow

mellow New Member

Yes I do have tender spots but these aren't nearly as bad as they were. I had a lot of other symptoms as well but the pain and the terrible fatigue was the worst. I was sleeping alnight but would wake up exhausted. I still feel tired but a lot better now that the pain has eased off. I still have problems with "foggy brain" forgetting words from time to time, light sensitivity and a few other things but to be free of the constant pain has made such a difference. I am getting a better night's sleep at present and this is great. I will keep in touch and let everyone know what is happening. I don't know what has changed but if I figure it out I'll be posting it. Luv Mellow