Feeling Blue........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalley167, Feb 7, 2006.

1. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I guess I am feeling slightly blue. I have been aching the last few days so maybe it is making me feel this way.So many things going through my mind right now. But I feel like such a bother. My husband has a chance to have his own business but when he was talking to someone about it he said he isn't doing it because of the need for medical insurance for me. It made me feel bad. I know he didn't say it to be mena but it kinda hurt me. Since I have the possible diagnoses of Lupus hanging there plus the confirmed dx of FMS/CFS it isn't going to be easy to get insurance on our own without a group policy that can't refuse me. So anyways I almost feel as if he would be better off without me to worry about. If it wasn't for this DD he could be doing what he dreams of.

I just feel so empty right now. I feel as if I have no friends other than online and I think I get lost in the crowd there even. I stay home alot as I don't always feel like going out especially in this cold weather. I am getting burned out with the everyday ruts. I need a break but don't have the money to do that even. My youngest just got a job so I am home alone even more. My daughter works and goes to college and is getting married this year. I guess I am at a turning point in my life maybe that is wat this is all about. I am trying to grow my faith in God but heck I don't even feel I am doing a good job in that. Oh my. I have rambled on. Sorry I guess I just needed to get some thing out of my head. Thanks for listening...
  2. kbak

kbak Member

I hear you!
    It seems the only people I have a relationship with is people online too. For good reason. I don't work, so I don't have that mingling with people, also, people just don't get this DD. The trouble with being isoated is it's not good for you. I have started going to the pool. Actually my rummy sent me to physical therapy. They suggested the pool.

The first day I did it, I overdid. It was really painless walking around the pool. That's what I do. I do some strenghtening exercises and walking. So I overdid, and was in big pain. So I went back (almost didn't) and slowed way down. Just gently walking through the water. It's almost hypnotic.

I also take amino acids. They really help with the sense of wellbeing. I also take 5HTP at nite. I feel this has really helped my mood. Listen, those marriage vows say for better or worse. That means making sacrifices for your spouse. I'm sure if the roles were reversed, you would do what you had to do to help your husband. I think people lose sight today, that life isn't just about satisfing our wants.

You can only do the best that you can do. That's all any of us can do. Hang in there!!!

Take care,
    K.
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Kalley,
    I'm so sorry you are sad. I wish I knew what to say.

Please don't blame yourself, or feel guilty that your husband has to chnge some things . It might be that now is not the time for him to have his own business, even though the opportunty is there. Things happen for a reason.

It's hard, being home and alone a lot. I think many of us suffer from loneliness and a sense of frustration. These DD's cause more than one kind of pain.

Please remember that we are here, and should it be for he best, someone will come into your life to be a friend . I know you probably can't go to women's groups, but if you have the energy, a new hobby, and then later, joining a group (or even one person) with like interests can be rewarding.

Good luck, and a big hug,
    Terry
  4. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

to have understanding people here. I appreciate it truely. I just wish I could shake this feeling.
  5. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

You have made me look at it in a different light. He is thinking of me and I love him for that, but I wish it wasn't me holding him back.I just hate that this DD is here, as I am sure many with this dd feels the same at times.

And yes I have a furbaby(Pomerainian) plus a grandfurbaby (Yorkie). My daughter isn't moving out until june and she said we can have joint custody LOL. My fur babies are such a comfort. And I guess the empty nest feeling is starting since they are both more independent now. The summer isn't so bad as I have a show car and get to go to car shows with it and it keeps me entertained. I always feel better when its warm out.

Thank you for the encouraging words. I needed them today.
    God Bless