feeling blue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Michell, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Michell

Michell New Member

just feeling down and in a lot of pain. trying to have a positive attitude and keep up with the exercise and stay healthy. discouraged lately. : ( sorry.
    michell
  2. Michell

Michell New Member

just feeling down and in a lot of pain. trying to have a positive attitude and keep up with the exercise and stay healthy. discouraged lately. : ( sorry.
    michell
  3. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling down. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I will be remembering you in my prayers.

Soft hugs
    Crissie
  4. tedebear

tedebear New Member

If nothing is requiring your undevoted attention at the moment, take a nice bubble bath with candles and calming music and sit in the warm water and vegitate for awhile.
    Sometimes I find it calms the muscles down a bit and I feel a little better than before I got in the warm water.
    Just a suggestion.
    Soft hugs. Hope the day goes better.
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

We all get this way. To me, the positive attitude is tough, because at heart I think I'm more of a pessimist (that was true before FM, too) and it's terribly hard, I believe, to change our basic personalities. So staying positive in the face of pain & discomfort is particularly a challenge for me. Good luck to you, take care of yourself & pamper yourself, as others have said, in whatever ways you can...and don't get discouraged if you do have a really down day, the next may be better even if only a little bit. One thing I've learned is to look for those small, little bits of improvement; I know I'm not going to see big, dramatic, sweeping strides (see? there's the pessimist in me again...) but I may see small, incremental moves forward.

Hope you feel better in body & mind, Michell!

Pam
  6. dsrtmagik

dsrtmagik New Member

Michell:
    Gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other and refuse to give in. I get down too, but am stubborn. I work a gruelling 8 day week in sales and am beat before I start, but will not give in! Having a good sense of humor helps. I am alone in this battle, so I know how down you can get. Let me know how things are going and if I can be of any help. Keep smiling! Sometimes it is the only therapy that helps get me thru the rough bouts.
    Ellen
  7. izKat

izKat New Member

Michell,
    I sure understand a bit about depression Michell. It is normal for those of us with chronic painful illnesses to have depression. If we didn't have it that would be the time to worry, Sweetie. Please just hang in there. Come to the board. Go to a depression board....talk it out. It really does help to pour out your feelings. Take that from someone who knows. :) If you feel like it is getting the best of you-----PLEASE go for professional help. I mean at least go to doc for Antipressants. There is NO shame in having and treating depression. THe shame comes in having depression and NOT treating it.
    sincere hugs, Kat
  8. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

having this DD can make us all feel blue at times hang in there, know we care stephanie
  9. DrKMAX

DrKMAX New Member

I will join with the others who are praying for you.
    Kevin
  10. Roxi

Roxi New Member

Give up the exercise for a while! It really makes me worse and may be too much physical stress for you. Lots of new research against exercise. Go sleep, watch the tube, eat....veg out and spoil yourself. Don't do what you're supposed to do...do what feels good! Lord knows we have too few "feelgood" moments! Roxi
  11. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi Michell,
    Im sharon dawber & am new here but i thing i know is we all get down here youre never alone.
    Keep warm,im here for you as everyone else is & well keep sending you positive vibes,hang on in there.
    Very gentle hugs sharon dawber
  12. Michell

Michell New Member

I'll read them all again. How special to come and read such sweet things. I needed that so bad. It's so nice to know you all really care and understand. Thanks for the encouragement and advise. I hope you all are blessed.
    Michell
  13. DrKMAX

DrKMAX New Member

Read your bio. Glad to hear you have the Lord in your life. The blessed hope is great! Am continuing to pray that the God of all comfort will give you the strength to do all that He's got for you. The deepest people I know have gone through trials and suffering. I don't understand why that is the way it is, and I'm not particularly wanting to sign up for the class. I'll pray that you will have joy in spite of the pain and enjoy His gifts of your daughter and husband to the fullest. "The eye of the Lord goes to and fro throughout the whole earth that He may strongly uphold those whose hearts are completely His."
    II Chron 16:9 Psalm 33:13-22
  14. Michell

Michell New Member

Thanks..... maybe so. cus we have only had 20 minutes of sun in two weeks here and that doesn't help. I accept your hug, sending one back to you Jody. I'll check the post out.
    michell
  15. Michell

Michell New Member

What a special reply. I really soaked it up. What a blessing to have others who don't even know you genuinely care and I appreciate any prayers. Thank you so much. May you be blessed also.
    michell