Feeling bruised??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DVoit, Oct 25, 2005.

1. DVoit

DVoit New Member

Does anyone ever feel that parts of them are bruised and there is really no bruise there?
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

When my fibro is in full swing, my arms, legs, thighs,etc., are so tender to the touch. When I happen to touch any of those areas, no matter how light, I feel as if I've been beat up.

I think it is another part of these DD's!

Take care,

Kim
  3. rmc20021

rmc20021 New Member

I get very, very painful lumps that feel like bad bruises. Sometimes I will try to rub them out and realize it really is a bruise...can't tell the difference in the pain without actually seeing it.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

My whole body has always felt this way. Any place where you touch, it is sore like a bruise.
  5. mirage22

mirage22 New Member

my legs feel like there bruised a lot but i can never find them my arms not so much but my legs seems more often than anything.
  6. lmmillion

lmmillion New Member

This is how I've always explained my pain to people. I tell them that it feels like my entire body is bruised. My worst areas of pain are on the sides of my thighs and the outer parts of my arms. Right now, though, I think I'm having a flare-up. Every part of my body hurts to be touched. I feel so bad because my little girl always wants to give me big, tight hugs. I'm constantly saying "ouch" when she grabs me or hugs me hard. I try not to react when she does that, but darn it, I just hurt so badly.
  7. DVoit

DVoit New Member

they always are appreciated.

Donna
  8. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

I have used the phrase, "I feel like I am bruised all over my body", so many times over the years to doctors, my hubby, family members, etc. when I have been descirbing how I feel. Another phrase I use is that I feel all swollen up and my skin very tight, like if you were to take a pin and stick it any where on my body I would defalt like a balloon that you let the air out of and it flies around the room.

It is so hard to come up with ways to describe the DD stuff. I wonder what some of the other phrases are that have been used to describe how we feel? It would be interesting to find out.

Grandma6