Feeling Depressed Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Aug 9, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hi all:

I am feeling so down today because of the mess this disease has made of my life.

Usually I can hold up pretty well, but today I feel alone in all this.

I called my sister and she tried to cheer me up. She did the best she could.

So, here I am. It is the only place where I can tell the most people.

I have been crying and can not stop. I started having panic attacks, so I took some Klonopin.

Why am I depressed? I have a neighbor next door over and she chides me whenever she sees me. I was waiting for a taxi yesterday and she sarcastically said 'Still sick'.
    Really nasty about it. She does it any chance she gets and usually I will go back at her, but I am just so tired of her bothering me.

I start to believe what she says.

Any ideas?

nyrofan
  2. ckm

ckm New Member

I think she's probably the kind of person that no matter what you say, she's going to attack you with her nasty words. Try to ignore her, that'll make her feel the worst.

I'm so sorry you're so depressed today, I know how that feels. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

ckm
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

nyrofan .. I'm sorry about that nasty woman .. she must have some sort of mental disability to be so outrageously mean.Try to ignore her .. I know it is hard .. but don't let her get to you .. she really is mentally ill to behave so badly.

The depression thing is horrible .. I understand that .. you feel overwhelmed .. try to keep a little spark going in the backof your mind that things will get better .. you will feel better in time ..

Mean while .. do you have any hobbies ? .. anything that relaxes you ? .. something to occupy your mind for the better .. perhaps reading or even watching movies ?
    Think of something that gives you a little pleasure .. follow through with it .. give yourself a break from all the negativity.
    I hope you feel better soon !
    Joy : )
  4. gnanny

gnanny New Member

a long time ago the best way to get someones goat is to 'kill' them with kindness. It takes all the fun they get out of little digs when you dont rise to the bait. Instead react with innocent sincerity 'yes, thankyou for asking'. Smile and keep going.

It might give you some inner pleasure to imagine her sputtering in shock after you have left.

I am sorry it has gotten to you...I hope you can get through this low spell and have a better day.

take care, stephanie
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

It is me again:

Thank you for the consolation and ideas/solutions, I got one or two from each.

It certainly gave me some confidence to get out of this mood I am in.

Do not get me wrong: I am still in that mood, crying at whim, but it is not like me and I know it will pass.

I will do something each one suggested. I felt 'option-less'. Not now.

Thank you for the suggestions.

nyrofan
  6. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

People always say to me, "sick again" and I know exacly how it makes you feel. It makes me angry, sad and depressed too. I think it is natural. Most people don't understand what we have or go through hourly, daily....etc. So, take that into consideration.

I will be thinking about you today. I had the same feelings last week when I found a naked womans pictures on my bf's computer...and work has been kicking me where I sit for the last month. I come here for relief and friendship...and simple understanding.

God Bless you!!! I will be praying for you!

PS: Next time tell her, Nope feel great!!! See if that throws her off her beaten path!!!
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

thank you all for love and care.
    I will send out some for each and every one of you.

Beautiful people...

nyrofan
  8. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

but I wanted to tell you the same as some others did. I'm so sorry you are having a tearful day and feeling depressed.

I would've wanted to slap the bi^@h for what she said to you! I hate stupid people.

Anyway, someone mentioned killing her with kindness. That is probably a better idea.

Hang in there sweetie! I'm so glad you decided to let us help you through this.

Hugs,
    "E"
  9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I would totally IGNORE this neighbour, she's nothing to you, she doesnt have to be any part of your life, she's a lousy neighbour, BLANK HER.

And dont believe a word she says, she's a Horrible person.

love
    Rosie
  10. im so sorry to hear that you are having a very bad time just now,with the depression that this illness bestows on us poor souls.

i can so relate to what you said about your neighbour.i find most people,,,well the none fibro people that is,,, can say things that hurt us.i think they dont realise that their words hurt us,because..they dont have our illness,,arent they the lucky ones.

a friend i spoke to just the other day,asked how i was,and said i look tired and ill.i told her i have a immune system illness that really drains me,and that i was indeed feeling ill today.

well i didnt have to say much more because she suddenly said...ooohh i have to go im in a hurry..that was it,i was left open mouthed and feeling hurt inside.

thank goodness we here,have each other because the world has gone crazy.no wonder we shut ourselves up from time to time.none fibro folk are a weird bunch thats for sure,and no manners.

i hope this current bout of depression that you are going through,hurries up and goes away,bless you.please know that you arent alone,we all know what you are going through, and im sending you my love and hugs.

(((( for nyrofan ))))

love from fran xx