Feeling discouraged today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by catnip51, Apr 14, 2003.

1. catnip51

catnip51 New Member

Hi everyone, having a bad day actually bad 6 months. Anyone here have neurological problems, such as really bad brain confusion, extreme tiredness, high pain level with pain going from 10+ to 5 on and off during the day, feeling drunk quite often during the day, dizziness? Walking sideways and tilty, heart skipping & flopping, God this is so awful, been in some type of flare since November, I'm not convinced this is all fibro.

Has anyone been suspected of MS here and what drew doc to the suspicion, what kind of tests and results. Been having so many tests the past 6 months and the only thing told to me was it showed scattered foci in the periventricular subcortical white matter in the T2 images. differential diag, lymes,demyelinating diseas, small vessel disease and hypertension (what a list to rule out) doc said where the lesion and white mater not in the usual place for MS. God i'm so afraid to have more testing, been puting off the spinal tap.

Something is going on and not typical to me of FM, for 25 years with symptoms these are just not seeming to me to be FM stuff even though I read so many of you have these symptoms. Why the heck are they happening now if I've had fibro for so many years. Is it getting worst? I'm 51 and feel like 101, good days are not happening anymore. Some days I just want to give up and wish I had a life back that was SOMEWHAT normal. I can't do much of anthing these days but feel crapy. You think this could be only fibro? Does it get worse? Just need a hug I guess and some reassurance I'm not losing my mind. I've had so many tests and no answer except do more testing, I'm sick of it..Thanks for listening and letting me whine today.

Cathie
  2. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I'm sorry your having it so rough right now. I'll pray for you. For right now here's a big((((HUG)))).

Tammy
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That you are having such a rough time of it right now. I have both FMS and CFIDS and these sound like my CFIDS symptoms. I have the FMS pretty much under control, but the problems with CFIDS are the pits!

Hope you are feeling better.

Love, Mikie
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I know what you mean about having test after test with no conclusive diagnosis.....you may want to consider a spinal tap.....I know typically the feeling is, don't do one, but I was having so many weird neuro problems that I agreed to have one & it went fine for me, no residual effects. It ruled out some things like lyme that I had been concerned about. You may want to read up on what it can/can't illuminate for you, & then weigh the risks against the benefits. I hope you find out what's going on, worrying about it while you continue to feel lousy just makes things worse. Please let us know what you learn, and I'm sending prayers & a hug your way....

Pam
  5. KLILLY

KLILLY New Member

A negative western blot test does not mean you don't have lyme....it just means your body has not built up a detectable level yet. Find a lyme literate doctor to evaluate you!!