feeling discouraged

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

It's been six and a half years since high school. I barely managed to finish high school. I had to miss a lot of days, couldn't do all the assignments, had to take low-credit, easier courses instead of the ones I wanted.

I kept getting sicker after graduating. You'd think that with being able to rest more, I'd do better. But the disease seems to have its own schedule with me.

Getting more tired now, hard to write.
    ((hugs)) Shannon

2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I was steadily getting better but hit a brick wall for improvement. I've been taking Transfer Factors for EBV & CMV for 8 months.

I started looking at the symptoms of mercury toxicity and found that mine line up real well with it. I just sent in a hair analysis to verify.

I've started to follow some of Rich Carson's mercury chelation naturals. I also bought some DMSA, a 50 year old chemical chelator for mercury. I know its putting the cart before the horse but I get discouraged too.

As long as I can find news of treatment options AND read about some ppl getting better, then I feel encouraged.

I've also been encouraged by looking at Enzyme treatment. William Wong N.D. has some interesting work on Systemic Enzymes.

Have you tried juicing?

RU taking Transfer Factors for Lyme?
  3. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

I'm sorry you are feeling so horrible.

I went through the same thing - I stopped work in March 05. It was only meant to be for 3 months, but as soon as I stopped I started getting worse, not better. And here I am nearly 10 months later still not able to work.

I just wanted to say that I understand your frustration, and I hope you start to feel better - even just a little bit.

Take care
    Michelle
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

On New Year's Eve I left you a special Post on the Chit
    Chat board wishing you a Happy New Year. You most likely
    didn't see it, but I wanted you to know that I was think-
    ing of you and my hopes for a Year of substanial improve-
    ment! Do hope the Plans for the move are going well.

Although it is at times difficult, try to stay positive.
    There is some hope out there and a change in enviroment
    may bring better medical opportunities for you.

Always Your Friend!
    MRDAD aka Joe
    [This Message was Edited on 01/03/2007]
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Shannon,
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I understand. I get discouraged, also, even though I'm better on many levels. Please keep on trying to improve, and doing the best you can.

What has helped me is meditating. Surprisingly, even though I still try to keep on getting well, I'm trying to just enjoy whatever I can, each day. You are young, so I know it's harder for you. I'm old, and so, in a way, I'm grateful for the rest.

My Dr. told me to rest and watch lots of funny T.V.. That's not all I do, but sometimes it helps.

Please keep posting. Wwe are here for you.

Big hugs,
    Terry
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

The TV, the books, the social contact... can't do it. Too sick and weak. A few minutes reading, put the book back down.

Wake up slowly, 1-2 hours. Try to read. Try to write. Try to put up with this.

I've done most of the things suggested. No meaningful change with these. Keep hoping some doc can do something for me. Only use good docs, many modalities over the years. They go from enthusiasm to bafflement to frustration.

Last night I huged Dad and cried. I said, "Does it seem like it makes no difference what we do?" And I said, "Every night I go to bed scared because I know I have to go through another day like this." When I wake up, it's almost horror that I feel.