Feeling Down

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Devony, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Devony

Devony New Member

Hi, I have been reading as much as I can about CFS the past few days and it sounds exactly like what I have. I haven't recieved a diagnosis yet but I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with me for a long time now because the doctor's haven't been much help and this is the only thing that makes sense. I am so tired all the time, I feel like a horrible mom and wife, and now I am scared that I will feel like this forever and nothing will be able to help. I know that some days are better than others and I am probably just discouraged because today is a bad day but I just want to feel like I used to. I have never been so afraid of losing everything. I just want to be able to keep up with my day. Does anyone know of anything that will give me more energy? Coffee just makes me shake and I have started taking Whey powder but it doesn't seem to help much. I would love to hear some suggestions, I will try anything at this point.
  2. Devony

Devony New Member

Hi, I have been reading as much as I can about CFS the past few days and it sounds exactly like what I have. I haven't recieved a diagnosis yet but I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with me for a long time now because the doctor's haven't been much help and this is the only thing that makes sense. I am so tired all the time, I feel like a horrible mom and wife, and now I am scared that I will feel like this forever and nothing will be able to help. I know that some days are better than others and I am probably just discouraged because today is a bad day but I just want to feel like I used to. I have never been so afraid of losing everything. I just want to be able to keep up with my day. Does anyone know of anything that will give me more energy? Coffee just makes me shake and I have started taking Whey powder but it doesn't seem to help much. I would love to hear some suggestions, I will try anything at this point.
  3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Devony,
    I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad! Wish I could give you a real hug and make you feel better! I too am trying to find something to give me more energy, I will let you know if I get some suggestions and you can let me know as well! Keep your chin up! I am here for you!

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I recall reading your first post, and that you are a new Mom, is it at all possible that you could have something called post-partem depression? (sorry if I spelled that wrong, I am tired, and did not look it up).

I had a friend many, many years ago that suffered from that. She was exausted all the time, and was so guilty about it.

If this is what is wrong, then there is help for that from your doctor.

I keep hopeing that you don't have CFS, as there is no cure for it yet.

I don't know of anything for that fatigue, not really. I just had a three day bout with it, since I have Fibromyalgia, I only get fatigued sometimes, not like CFS patients who suffer with this for long periods of time.

Can't you see another doctor? YOu need to rule out somethings before you just think you have CFS.

It could be a low blood cell count, an iron deficiency could also cause terrible fatigue.

Coffee is not the answer. I use a cup of strong coffee in the morning to wake up, as I have bad Fibro Fog in the mornings, but if I drank it all day, I would have what you describled, the shakes, tired and would be too jumpy to rest.

Try explaining this to your doctor, or try another doctor that will listen to you.

I hope you get some help soon so you can get on with your life without all this you are going through.

Let us know how you are doing.

Shalom, Shir

5. Devony

Devony New Member

Thanks for your reply. I have had a lot of blood tests done that have ruled out pretty much everything, I have low blood counts (iron and B12)but I always have and recieve regular shots. I don't think it is post partum I have had bouts of depression in the past and this doesn't feel the same at all, I am afraid this could lead to depression as I am normally quite busy and active. I started going to counselling when my daughter was born just in case I started to suffer post partum but I showed no signs of depression other than fatigue so I quit going. I think I am just discouraged now because of exactly what you said, that there is no cure as of yet for CFS. As crazy as it sounds I kept on hoping that one of the tests would come back positive or that they would find something wrong that they could just fix so I could get on with my life but it has been a long time and a lot of tests later and now I am getting worried. Thank you for your replies. I will let you all know if I find anything else out. The only thing I am still waiting for is the CAT scan that I assume is ok because no one has called me yet on it and I had it done last Tuesday. Thank you.
    Devony
  6. tired42long

tired42long New Member

I replied to one of your earlier posts. It sounds like bloodwork has been done. We have all been in this same boat. Most of us know how it feels to "Wish" for a positive test result on SOMETHING just to validate how ill we feel and to know what we are fighting. I don't have any solid answers but do know when this hit me the worse thing I found was to continue losing sleep. It's tough because its part ofthe nature of the illness as is the WORRY that steals our sleep too, With a little one it us doubly tough. Try, Try, Try to get some sleep and don't hesitate to get help from others with daily stuff and help with baby so you can rebuild. Did you feel this way SINCE the baby was born, or did you have a while after that you felt well. Again, any illness like flu? Have you had past surgery...reaction to anesthetic or surgery? Keep journaling if you can...it may help you see any trigger foods, chemical sensitivity, overload from certain days, etc. And if it continues, this may help a future SSD case (you probably dont want to hear this---but has been good advice I found on other posts) Please take care. You are not a bad mom or wife for being sick. It happens to the best of us! Keep telling yourself this. The illness feels bad enough without punishing ourselves mentally. An older mother's hug to you.!!Eileen
  7. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I understand exactly how you're feeling and many here can also relate. I have fms and cfids, though I feel it's usually the cfids (the overwhelming fatigue) that is worse for me.

I know what you mean by knowing it's not the same feeling as the tiredness from depression...I've suffered from depression on & off for 12 yrs, and it IS a different sort of fatigue. I was very afraid that w/ my history, that's all dr would see, & chalk it all up to depression. However, I kept looking & found a great rheumatologist that does believe in fms & cfids. Check out the doctor referral section (co-cure.org) for cfids drs in your area. If none by you, post your state here & ask for recommendations by members.

Please take hope like I have that many people have been able to get at least some (many have great) relief from the symptoms. There's so much info on the library & from members here. I'm not saying it all seems easy, but I'm much more positive about my DDs than I was since I've come here. I'm taking vit/min/supp, cut out the caffeine (slowly so as to not have withdrawal), diet changes, & klonopin for restless legs. It's too early (a month) since I've been dx'd to see a lot of changes yet, but I do have hope.

Keep us posted, belated congrats on new baby, & best wishes to you. Michele