Feeling Fearful Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Oct 19, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

I do not know what is the matter with me today. I am being bombarded with feelings from the past and am really upset.

Usually I do not get like this, but I am actually in fear today. Fearful of Fibromyalgia. Fearful of taking so many meds. Fearful of what will become of me in the future.
    Even fearful of my past and all I have been through.

I am having a hard time coping with the flood of emotions today.

Any advice?

NyroFan
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Aw Hugs Nyro

Sorry you are feeling overwhelmed today. I get like that too. I wish I knew what causes it.

Sometimes for me it is the start of a flare, hormones, overdoing the day before.... These things often take 24-48 hours to hit us so sometimes it is hard to pinpoint exactly what it was that sends us into a tailspin.

I used to go to a therapist. I really enjoyed it because I was able to talk and talk about my feelings but the next day I would be exhausting and weepy. I think I would just wear myself out.

Try to give yourself some extra pampering today if you can. I can't tell your age or your situation because there is nothing for me to read in your profile. But a hot bath, my flannel PJ's and a chance to unwind is really necessary when you are feeling this rotten. Your body is telling you it needs to slow down.

hugs Redwillow
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2006]
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Redwillow:

Thank you for the support and advice. And I will take the advice and pamper myself today.

Like I said, I very seldom get like this and it comes out of the blue.

Maybe it is the start of a flare. For whatever reason I feel stressed.

P.S. I never filled out a profile because i thought that if someone wanted a full view of me they could read my posts.
    It seems to say so much more.

I will consider filling it out, though.

Thank you a bunch,

nyrofan
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Thats ok I understand and wasn't critizing. I find that when I respond to someone I often check to see where they are from, their general age, just as prompts to me, etc.

I am getting so I recognize people names here now but find that my memory is terrible. Even in the chats people will say yes we have met before and I feel so embarrassed because I don't remember.

hugs Redwillow
  5. KWHops

KWHops New Member

Hi Nyro! I have days like that too. If I feel this bad now at 34, how will I feel in 20 years? I try to do some kind of visualization when I feel overwhelmed with all the feelings. Maybe a hot bubble bath and a good book will take your mind off things for at least a little while?

Sending you lots of healing thoughts and BIG HUGS!

Kim
  6. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

Sorry your on an emotional rollercoaster.

Redwillow as allways has some great advise.

Hang in there we are here for you.

Big bear hugs

Bruinz
  7. Guaima

Guaima New Member

It's ok-these feeling you have, but if they are often, you need to see your doctor to get things more in perspective for you. Being on an anti depressant has made me better to deal with the ups and downs of this DD!
    The future is never a guarantee for anyone, and I also used to worry about it. Just let each day come as it will and try not to worry. If you're not sure of your future due to not being able to work, there are many help lines out there....one is applying for disability. Don't apply without a lawyer though. It took me 4 years to get mine, but I didn't get a lawyer until my third appeal. Now days it doesn't take as long with a lawyer, just make sure it's a lawyer who represents CFS and Fibro.
    Now, take a hot bath and eat someting naughty... like a rootbeer float and you should feel better. Also know there are people out there who can help you.
    Sincerely, Guaima
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

hon, you are having a terrible anxiety attack . Do call your doctor before it gets any worse.

I seem to have these kind ,there is like a lump in my throat and chest and it feels just like fear . Then all these scary thoughts start rushing into my head.I always start to worry about what will happen to me if I get old who will help me.

Music can help sometimes, but you really need a anti depression drug. Or even something stronger. Call your Doctor and tell him. Are you under extra stress ? That could do it.

I hope you feel better soon.
  9. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

'THIS TOO SHALL PASS'

A quote that my Mom said over and over through my childhood...She's been gone now for 12 years and I still quote her, guess she got the point across,huh?

Hey, you have been through an awful lot and alot of it awful, ya know, you will always have days that come around like this...I am joining you today with thoughts of the past that keep 'haunting' and 'taunting' me just waiting for me to give in...Hey, we are tougher than that, aren't we?

I am struggling with the loss of my hubby's grandmother (Tuesday), lots of old stuff being brought up and things that were better off 'buried' with her but the fact is, some people, like us must relive things, we are the ones chosen to make some sense of all the nonsensical things that happen in life...

I know you have been through H**L and back, but you are STILL here and STILL fighting the past and present...Give yourself a break...PLEASE...

I saw your post this morning and wanted to post to you but I couldn't see through my own tears so I waited til now...

Now listen to me (if I haven't gotten your attention allready), you are a strong person...Tomorrow is a new day, it can have good things awaiting you and I wouldn't want you to miss that...Try and clear your head...Say a quick prayer for strength for today and courage for tomorrow...

YOU WILL BE ALLRIGHT!!! And if you need a helping hand, you know where you can come...Right? Right...(My Mom said that too)

Wishing you a peaceful nite and only good thoughts for tomorrow~Alicia
  10. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

It's scary to feel this way. Remember 1 hour at a time.

Have a pity party if you want...we deserve it.

Pamper yourself. Endulge yourself. Take care of you.
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I prayed for you last night and today I have been thinking of you .I hope you had a better evening. I really related to the fear feeling and my heart goes out to you.
    I hope you talk to your doctor .Well I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers today I understand what you are going threw.
    Things will get better like sweet said pamper yourself and be your own best friend right now so something special for you.
    let us know how you are doing when you can.
  12. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Sending some hugs your way...

(((((((((((((((((((NYROFAN))))))))))))))))))

Hoping today is better than yesterday...

Thinking of You~Alicia
  13. Jordane

Jordane New Member

NyroFan,

Oh Hun,I understand,am sending a gentle hug yourway,if ok!!!

Have been there,really.Everything just piles ontop of one another,even the past gets meshed in there.

Especially days when we are really feeling yukki and hurting a lot.Wondering how we can take it all.And the why me's.

I have watched my daughter go thru so much in this past year,that to me it seems like I have nothing to complain about.

But you know,each of us has our problems,and no matter how small it may look compared to someone else.It is just as important as the other persons.My daughter,bless her,would agree.

So you pamper yourself,do what you need to boost yourself,no matter how silly it sounds. YOU DESERVE IT!!!!

HUGZZZ
    Jordane
  14. ckball

ckball New Member

I just posted and lost it- I have to get ready for work but did want to say I hope your feeling better today.

Follow the advice you got, bubble baths, music or just do breathing exercises. I'll check on you later- try to relax Carla
  15. jole

jole Member

Sorry I missed your post yesterday - but I agree with Carebelle. It sounds just like a panic attack to me, and mine always include my past! They are horrible because there's nothing you can do to get away from it.

Do you by any chance take Xanax? They sure help me out in those situations! I take Xanax at night to stop my racing brain so I can sleep, and also for the panic attacks, which are more infrequent lately.

Sooo sorry.....that is one of the scariest things that can happen to a person. I used to know I was going to die and didn't know why. Now I recognize the feeling and can stop it. Just be aware if it happens again so you can talk to your doc about it and get some help, okay???

Friends - Jole
  16. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

To all: thank you so much.

Your advice and kind words mean so much to me. Today I am somewhat better, but had an intruding thought which sent me off crying again.

I took a Klonopin and rested in the den. Yes, it passed.

What has been bothering me is how much my husband and I did together with love and then being dumped because of being sick.

Sometimes I sound brave about it, but sometimes I just well up with fear of what happened and what will happen in the future.

Yes, I have begun to pamper myself. I am improving today.
    Your advice and kind words is pulling me through it.

Every post lightened my load.

It is so sweet to be here on the board.

love,
    nyrofan
  17. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

What has happened to you and to others with our disease is horrible. I thought it was going to happen to me too and you came to my aide. I thank you for that.

I can't even think about what these DD's have taken away from us. It's too much. One hour at a time and of all people, my husband is the one that tells me to remember that.

No one is really ever in control of their life even when we think we are. It can change in a split moment.

I have thought of you and some others especially today. You take care of you as best that you can. You deserve special attention. If it comes from yourself or maybe one of us that thinks you're great, feel appreciated and cared for.
  18. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I'm glad you are doing better today .I thought I'd check back in to see if you posted.

Like others have said here do treat yourself you deserve it.

One thing I have learn is today is today and tomorrow things change. Like Will Rogers use to say about the weather in oklahoma stick around
    " it will change in an hour" or something like that lol

this DD changes day to day we just have to take One Day at a time.
  19. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

it must be in the air,I"ve been battleing this for the last week,
    I cry and then pray and then get up and do something to get my mind off of it.
    I agree this to shall pass, I know its very hard to get through but just remember your not alone so God bless.and better days are ahead for all.
    sixtyslady