feeling frustrated over not being able to drive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by violarose1, Mar 23, 2006.

1. violarose1

violarose1 New Member

my liscense was taken away 4 years ago due to seizures, so I have had to be very patient in that area. We only own one car so the temptation is gone when i feel like I want to go someplace on my own.
    I am too dependant on my dad for driving me around. i feel bad. today I asked him if we could go to home depot so i can get more stones to finish my stone wall. It really has become a big inconvience for him : ( I wouldnt be able to get my rocks anyways when my hubby came home because we just have a car/
    I have given my parents a thank you party, cards, breakfast, Lsst week my girls, they are 8 now in 2nd grade, we took the city bus for an adventure and to see how my strenght would work out. it was lot of fun, but i had to have my husband get me at our last route, my body was done for.
    I am so grateful for all of his help he has given me. he is retired, we have become great friends since i have gotten sick. my mom says he would be bored if i wasnt around.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Violarose:
    I take cabs everywhere, not that I go to many places.
    For me it is less expensive than a car, gas, insurance,
    maintenance, etc.

I would like to drive, but it is not meant to be.
    And the cabbies all know me and are nice. Very friendly.

N.F.
  3. violarose1

violarose1 New Member

thank you for the important tip about getting disabled transportation. ((())))

its been 4 long years. its weird, not being in a store, or even a fast food place for that long by myself.

my seizures are way down, but i still have them like every other month,