Feeling Great Off All Drugs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjgkennedy, Dec 22, 2005.

1. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

I cant believe I feel as good as I do after going off Elavil and Lunesta.

The sid effects going off were terrible and then the Lunesta made me feel terrible as I never felt so disorionted before when I was on it.

I am now on Herbal remedies and hope to go to go to someone in the New Year to get my Candida under control as thats why I have so many alleries.

I take Ginkgo Biloba and hopefully after a while it will help with my neuralgia and FM pain and it is also helping with my memory already. I am taking MSM Sulphur powder for my Arthritis and I am also giving it to my little dog who has Arthritis and I can believe the improvement in him after two weeks. He is 13 and was finding it hard to go for a walk. He is back walking and more alert than he ever was.

I am also taking Flaxseed Oil which I hope will help with my skin and Excema. At night I rub Lavender Oil into my wrists and neck and put some on my pillow and I sleep nearly all night.

I have also cut out wheat and use Rice Flour instead and take Rice Milk. I never had so much energy. The drugs I have been on had me so dopey I didnt want to do anything.

I hope I will not have to go back on Prescription drugs again as the doctors havent a clue how they affect people that suffer from Chemical Sensitivities like me. I was never without rashes and hives which are now much better. My IBS was also worse and has also improved a lot.

I have also lost weight and am drinking Green Tea and Red Bush tea which doesnt contain any Caffeine.

Anyone thinking of going off meds. be careful and do it slowly. I also get Indian Head Massages once a week which really helps with my TMJ problem.

Mary
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Glad to hear things are going better for you. Are you still painting? How's the weather in Ireland?

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Love, Mikie
  3. lin-z

lin-z New Member

How much elavil were you on and when did you take it...I am on a very lo dose right now but it doesnt seem to be doing the trick(or anything at all) No point taking the stuff if it isnt working right??? how long did you wean off it?
  4. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

It took me at least a month to go off it. I halved the 25m which was hard to do with the shape of the tablet. I took a half for two weeks and then quartered it for another two weeks and then stopped it.

Mary

[ advertisement ]