Feeling Groovy.....Or is that Loopy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrojewel, Jul 31, 2003.

1. fibrojewel

fibrojewel New Member

Just started my new dose on my medications. I took one about thirty minutes ago when I first started posting, and now EVERYTHING is great!!!

How long until I become adjusted to the new dosage?
    About 2-3 days maybe...
    Hope soon because I have a breastfeeding class to teach Saturday and I can't AFFORD to be "loopy"!

Blessings,
    *Fibrojewel*
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Right now I'd rather be loopy or groovy!! Its gotta be better than this non-stop every damn day pain!! You should adjust soon. When I first started taking flexeril for muscle spasms I used to get weird feeling....almost tipsy.But now I feel totally normal when I take one~ I can take a darvecet and a flex and go grocery shopping!! (or so I think????)not that I ever did...or would.I just know that the loopiness is long gone :(
    I can understand your not liking this feeling if you have to do something or go somewhere!!I've pretty much reserved them for evenings when i'm heading to bed within a couple hrs.
  3. fibrojewel

fibrojewel New Member

Loopy or Groovy is good.
    I was taking 10 mg of codeine and that was like drinking water!

Hey, it's a breastfeeding class...if I am still "groovy" by then, it could only be a "great class"!! LOL

Hopefully by next week or so, I will adjust alittle bit.

Thanks!
    *Jewel*
  4. nje

nje New Member

i`m one of these people,i have a high tolerance to pain meds or any kind of sleep meds,muscle relaxers, i take 3- 20mg. oxycodone ,plus 2 lortab daily, i have no pain,which is good,but i just feel normal like i might have taken an aspirin. i`m ok with that,because i stumble and lurch against things,people, enough without being loopy. enjoy while you can, ha ha,we`ve had our share of pain,a little loopy is ok for awhile. you will adjust sooner than you think. (((((((((((((((small hugs)))))))))))) nje