FEELING HELPLESS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yvette01826, Jul 24, 2003.

1. yvette01826

yvette01826 New Member

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND WHAT TESTS ARE APPROPRIATE FOR CFS/FMS? I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED AND HAD TENDER POINT TEST, ENDORCRINE TESTS, ALLERGY TEST, SLEEP STUDY.

I AM VERY CURIOUS ABOUT TOXICITY TESTS. I AM A HAIRSTYLIST AND MANY OF MY COWORKERS HAVE SIMILAR SYMPTOMS. I HAVE NOT HEARD MUCH SUCCESS IN THESE TESTS.

ALSO, MY MAJOR PROBLEM IS RELENTLESS FATIGUE AND ANXIETY. IS THERE ACTUALLY A WAY TO RELIEVE THIS WITHOUT ANTIDEPRESSANTS? THEY ALL MADE ME EITHER MORE ANXIOUS OR MORE SLEEPY (NOT TO MENTION 40LBS FAT!!) IVE FOUGHT MEDS FOR ALMOST 6 MONTHS...WANT TO GO THE "NATURAL" WAY, BUT NO SUCCESS THUS FAR.

I DO HAVE KOLONOPIN AND AM TEMPTED TO GIVE IT A SHOT.
    ANYONE HAVE LUCK WITH KOLONOPIN WITHOUT OTHER MEDS?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!! YOU ALL HAVE NO IDEA HOW GREAT IT IS TO VENT AND THROW OUT IDEAS AND GET ACTUAL RESPONSES!!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Klonopin is good for anxiety and it does help with getting sleep, so it may indirectly help with fatigue. For me, it also helps with sensory overload, muscle spasms and tinnitus.

I am not taking any other meds for these symptoms except Synthroid, but I do take Guai and HRT. I also take Doxycycline and Famvir.

Love, Mikie
  3. Jen F

Jen F New Member

as a natural serotonin increaser?

Like an SSRI antidepressant.

Have you tried valerian for calming?

Jen F
  4. yvette01826

yvette01826 New Member

Thanks for the info. How exactly were you diagnosed with multiple chemical sensitivity?? Is there a test for it??
  5. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

It is nice to get response to questions so many others do not understand! EVERYONE here is Great!! hope you find your answers. Peace, Ez
  6. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

I got tested for allergies from a hair analysis test. My naturopath cut some of my hair out (little bit) and sent it to a lab in England for allergy testing, amoung lots of food allergies were the chemical ones also.
    Hope this helps
    mitch
  7. Dukate

Dukate New Member

Hi, I don't understand how you can be a hair dressser and work around all those chemicals all the time. That would make me very sick. I know is sounds ridiculous for someone to say this to you but if you could find another type of joy I think you would find that you would start to feel better in a few months. I can't even go into a store to buy clothes. I go in, find a top that I like and fits and buy one in every color. Same with shoes, I wear the same sneakers and when I need them will buy two or three pairs. I am very lucky because I have never been a shopper so its not hard for me not to window shop, etc. But then I have to wash everything when I get home so all my clothes have to be washable, nothing goes to the cleaner. I have one good coat but after it comes from the cleaner I hang it outside for a few days. A real pain in the neck but one of the fewer and less difficult things to deal with. All the other messages sounded like good suggestions if you have to continue your kind of work. Good luck!

Iene
    [This Message was Edited on 07/27/2003]

[ advertisement ]