feeling hopeless and worried

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Oct 6, 2010.

1. loto

loto Member

Hi fellow FMers.
    I haven't been on here in quite some time. I've been so busy at work and home and have been totally exhausted.
    I've been taking Norco 7.5/325 for probably close to a year now--I have to take the full dose prescribed me--8 per day.
    Just this past month or so it has not been effective in helping with my pain. I'm waiting for my doctor's nurse to call. I sent doctor a note explaining this and asked him to consider a different pain med for me.
    I'm thinking in my mind that oxy-contin may work? I don't know. I'm also a little weary about trying that, due to the not-so-good reputation it has. But maybe the bad stuff I've heard about it is because of people who don't need it that get addicted to it?? I don't know.
    Does anyone take oxy-contin for their chronic pain, and how much?
    I'd greatly appreciate any advice or experiences anyone on here can tell me.

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

hi loto

I have taken oxy in the past,it didnt work for me. I take lortab,but its not working so great anymore.

the problems with oxy is yes people taking it for wrong reasons. this is a problem with all pain meds. how much is an indiviual thing.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Loto - Dr. Oz recently did a show on painkillers and he was saying that after a while the body needs more of the pain med to get the same level of relief and that the mistake that patients and doctors make is to keep increasing the dosage or change to stronger meds. After a while it gets to the point that nothing works for the pain anymore.

Believe it or not, you actually have to decrease your dosage, or go off of the med for a period, in order for them to start working again.