feeling lost

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by cdp89, Mar 29, 2009.

1. cdp89

cdp89 New Member

My mom was diagnoised with breast cancer easter of 2008, She has gone through alot of treatments and none of them have been completely sucessful. She has breast cancer, liver cancer, lesions in her lungs and two spots on her rib bone. This whole thing has been a huge train running through my families lives and especially my moms. My mom is (57)years old and is one of the strongest people i know and it was deffiently a hard thing to watch her grow more and more dependant on my father sister and I. I really have lost alot of faith in pretty much anything and everything and i feel myself everyday getting more and more mad about this situation. My sister (33) on the other hand has become more faithful to certain things and knows there is something beyond this.

Not to long ago my mom asked to stop the chemo and wanted hospice to come in and take over. That is not easy to hear. But as a family we had to respect moms wishes and at least meet with some people and get a plan together. Now we have been with hospice for almost three weeks and i will say that we have had our ups and downs. She once got over medicated and was completely zoned out so we had to stop that certain medicine, but on the other hand my mom can get the built up stomach fluid (due to her liver not functioning correctly) drained in the comforts of home.

I know a lot of people my age,19, that have lost a parent to cancer, and honestly ontil now i cant imagine how they did it. I dont really have advice nor do i have something witty or eye opening to say, but just that everynight you dont sleep and every sick pain in your stomach dont hide it and dont hide what you feel make sure you live each day doesnt have to be to the fullest but make sure you live.
  2. janice50

janice50 New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your mom cdp89, loosing a parent no matter how old you are is a hard thing to do, my dad died 1 1/2 years ago and that was the toughest thing i have had to go through in my life and i am 50, but don't give up on your faith, that is the one thing that will help you through this, God never leaves you, he will always be by your side, there are alot of good people on this forum also that will try to help you through this, you and your family are in my prayers, keep praying and don't lose faith, God has a wonderful plan for your mom.