Feeling lousy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Musica, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Musica

Musica New Member

I have felt really horrible today. All over. I think it a lot of it still has to do with the massage I had the other day. A word of advice: DON'T get one while you are flaring! I heard that again today, although I still don't know why. The rainy weather doesn't help, either.

I didn't do anything today except lay around, and it didn't even feel good doing that because my sore points were more sore. I hope I'm better for work tomorrow, although at least the boss won't be in and I don't think there will be much to do.
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If you can tolerate it, take two aspirin (with some food) you should feel better. Or you can try Alka Seltzer which works fast to stop a flare.
  3. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

Sometimes I don't drink enough water, and that is key!
    I'm going for one tomorrow, and after this severe headache, I'm kinda leary!
    I hope you feel better real soon, no fun when your feeling so yucky!
    Gentle hugz, Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2006]
  4. Musica

Musica New Member

I think I didn't drink enough water, even though I knew to. I did on Saturday night, but I didn't feel bad on Sunday so I slacked off the water. Shouldn't have!

I have never heard of Alka Seltzer helping a flare! I don't know if I can tolerate it (YECH!!) but it is something to keep in mind.

Karen, I hope you get just a gentle Swedish massage, if anything. And make sure she knows you have had a problem with headaches so she can be careful about what she does in the head/neck area.
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Sorry the massage made you feel worse. It has happened to me too. Epsom salts baths are good after a massage as well as the drinking lots of water. The rest is probably doing you good as well.

Tale Care.
    Kathy.