feeling of swelling in leg and foot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beachlover, Nov 5, 2005.

1. beachlover

beachlover New Member

I'm having a rotten week, not sure if it's the weather change or added stress or BOTH....

All my symptoms are on my left side so when I am feeling rotten, numb, burning, etc....my foot and leg feels like it is swollen. Pant leg is tighter, shoe is tighter....does this sound familiar to anyone?

Beach
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

this doesnt happen to me, on one side only, but I have read about it in other posts so you're not alone.

love
    Rosie
  3. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

It is actually really exciting for me to know that it is not just me!! Is it a FM symptom?

SO frequently, I wake up with my left leg and the top of my left foot burning. My leg and ankle, as well as my foot feel terribly swollen. It is so deep in my ankle, that I physically can not flex my foot upward toward my head. The first time it happened, I called my DH in, because I was too sore to even sit up to see my leg!

He assured me that my left leg appeared normal. I was flabbergasted. Now it happens quite frequently, and with a little gentle massage and a lidoderm patch carefully applied, I can get the sensation toned down to a more tolerable level.

It is very odd, as it is such an intense sensation, and my body seems physiologically to be responding to the signal with all of the associated pain and limited mobility of an actual injury. Why??? Anyone know? This is a very disturbing symptom.

I take Neurontin for nerve pain. I would term this odd phenomenon 'nerve' related, but the Neurontin hasn't helped at all.

Thanks for bringing it up!
    Lollie
  4. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

left side of my body also goes numb, from my face to my toes. but the right leg and both hands swell, can't even get my shoe on. went to doc. some is due to this DD. but the swelling she is more concerned about. because i have kidney problem. she wants to admit me for test, just waiting on insurance apporval.
    becca
  5. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

and still don't know the reason (s)
    1. I first noticed when dx was Lupus. (1990s)
    then also when I get fatigued or I have been sitting too long,with knees bent but only effects on my right leg.
    sometimes after the use of Vicodin pain med and doing too many things like vacuuming the whole house & lawn mowing lol.
    I suppose it could be the fibro.
    but the reaction is also when i stand too long.
    5.******* READ THIS ONE......
    this year, my primary care dr. had to remove 20cc of what is called- "SYNOVIAL FLUID" from my right knee cap area.
    It hurt like a so.... ouch!!!! I had to put my hand over my mouth. if you can't take pain, get sediated for that one.
    CONCLUSION: i don't know why......sorry.
    I hope it goes away someday...
    the best to ya.....hd.
  6. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I would love to be a beach or lake front now but the weather...as for the leg and foot swelling...mine swells up so much I can't wear shoes on my right side along with jeans legs get too tight to bear and have to wear something with stretch in them. Doctor says it is part of this DD and to ice it and elevate it. May have to start wearing braces to keep my knee from falling out from under me when I walk. I don't have much trouble with the left side, just the right.
    Stinker56