Feeling overworked and angry

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Dec 29, 2008.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Does anyone else reach the levels of pure exhaustion,... and when you can't lay down when they hit you get angry at the people around you??
    I sometimes resent the man in my life cause when he's got a day off from work he has nothing to do. Me?? I have no choice but to push thru the pain & fatigue and still prepare meals,do laundry,etc. it just does'nt seem fair.
    I guess I'm just venting/but also wondering if others feel like this sometimes?
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I've been feeling the same way due to all the Xmas preparations. I did everything myself, except my daughter helped decorate the tree.

I was a raging ball of resentment on Xmas Eve and Xmas day. Felt very unappreciated and angry. I tend to feel that way a lot, but keep it inside. I don't have a "job" besides being a wife and mom....that's actually more than I can handle right now.

Men are sometimes oblivious to what needs to be done around the house. I know my dh either is bugged by the mess or doesn't seem to see it at all. I don't know how his brain works sometimes. When he sees me sick in bed for days at a time, I wish he'd just think on his own to do a couple of loads of laundry or whatever. Even small things help a lot.

I just hate to have to ask for help, cuz then he gets all grouchy. Vicious cycle, I hate it too. I don't know what the answer is, but it just seems the male and female brains are wired so differently at times. My dh works hard to support our family so I don't mind when he takes a day off to relax. He actually hardly ever just sits around the house. I just wish he would help me a bit more when I'm feeling so sick (like now).

I don't know how you do it, having a job and all the work at home too. It isn't fair when both partners work, but one does more at home. Unfortunately that is very common in our society. We "liberated" women kind of screwed ourselves over when we decided to be independent and get ourselves jobs!!!
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

I can relate to this one. Iam so angry right now I would like to throw s omething!

I had a mistaken idea that my daughter got what was going on with me. Well dumb me! I hate it when I get to the point of exhaustion because yes the anger hits.

Guess the 4 month notice I gave her for help wasn't enough. Missing x-mas eve for first time in 14yrs. I'm tired(haha) of certain people telling me just rest then you can do it. Like a nap is miracle worker.

In a bad flare with brain fog so staying away from people because I feel like a ticking time bomb. sorry to take over your vent.

hope you feel better
  4. Brownie08

Brownie08 New Member

reading these threads...I feel like I am reading my own. I have been a "B" on wheels.
    Somtimes I dont know how to get out of my own way. The Holiday's pushed me over the edge....my flare was at an all time high...and I felt like I was the only one with all the pressure of getting everything done and put together. The good news is that Christmas day was the best day I have had in months....no pain, no headache...lots of Champagne...perhaps that is the remedy :).

This week we are at our Vacation home in VT...and I have felt much better. Today we went shopping...and had some stress...and suddenly I felt the pains flood through my body...it was amazing. For me...my flares seem to be directly related to stress....it is obvious!

Oh - an add a sprinkle of PMS to the equation...and Caboom!!
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I apreciate the replys to me on this thread
    oddly,.. it helps to feel 'understood'
    thanks so much for reading/answering~