Feeling really down

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CAgirl, Dec 5, 2002.

1. CAgirl

CAgirl New Member

I had botox injections in my neck about six weeks ago and they made my neck pain worse. During my follow up visit the doctor told me that this is a normal reaction. I asked him for better pain control and he gave me a muscle relaxer which hasn't worked. I was in bed all day yesterday. My neck won't stop hurting and I can't take it anymore. I'm so sick of this. I have tried so many different treatments and none of them have worked. I decided this morning that I had to do something so I called a chiropractor that treats TMJ and neck pain and FM. I have an appointment for tomorrow at 8am. I have no idea how I am going to get myself there by 8. The mornings are the worse for me. My initial visit will be from 75 to 125 dollars and then treatments are thirty-eight. This is probably going to be more money I'm throwing out the window, but I have to do something because I am losing hope.
    Thanks for listening.
  2. CAgirl

CAgirl New Member

I had botox injections in my neck about six weeks ago and they made my neck pain worse. During my follow up visit the doctor told me that this is a normal reaction. I asked him for better pain control and he gave me a muscle relaxer which hasn't worked. I was in bed all day yesterday. My neck won't stop hurting and I can't take it anymore. I'm so sick of this. I have tried so many different treatments and none of them have worked. I decided this morning that I had to do something so I called a chiropractor that treats TMJ and neck pain and FM. I have an appointment for tomorrow at 8am. I have no idea how I am going to get myself there by 8. The mornings are the worse for me. My initial visit will be from 75 to 125 dollars and then treatments are thirty-eight. This is probably going to be more money I'm throwing out the window, but I have to do something because I am losing hope.
    Thanks for listening.
  3. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

As a FMer we are so sensitive to treatments and meds, make sure you choose how many days to go to the Chiro. They will want you to go everyday or three x's per week at first. Take it slow and see how it goes.

A few weeks ago I had so much pain in my leg I could not bear to sit for more than 20 mins. I went and got acupuncture done. I never had it before and wasn't sure. I had Immediate relief. I'm not saying it works for everyone, but stay open to new ideas.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Take care
    Laura