Feeling so down...

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by laura.g, Sep 15, 2011.

1. laura.g

laura.g New Member

Hi...Just needing a little encouragement. I have had CFS for 10 years going from unable to work to part time to full time. Now that I am working full-time it seems I have no energy to invest in any other area of my life. I am lonely and depressed and overwhelmed. I don't want it all to come crashing down on me. I recently moved so I know that I am still "Paying" for that. Bottom line is I am lonely, sad, tired, lethargic, depressed and very low. My throat is swollen and painful and my joints hurt and I am just wondering if my remission, 3 months, was anything more than a fluke!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry that you are having problems following a remission. This does happen with us and moving can certainly bring on a flare. We have to be careful to stay inside our energy envelope. Just take very good care of yourself even if you have to let some things ride until you have the energy. Working is very hard for us. Even when I only worked part time, I had little energy to devote to other things. Also, we can pick up additional conditions and they can add to our exhaustion.

I'm very impressed that you are working. Sending healing hugs and prayers for your recovery.

Love, Mikie
  3. ~jean~

~jean~ New Member

Dear Laura,
    I don't have your answers as I am so new at this even though I've been suffering with it for at least 16 years.
    But I can relate to you.
    I am working various jobs which add up to around 40 hours a week and then I have no energy for other things, like you said.
    At times this really gets me down in the dumps too.
    What compounds it for me is that my husband doesn't understand it all and just wants me to see a regular doctor. (they don't get it, don't get me and become upset with me when I say I just can't take a prescription and be ok)
    I am thankful I did find this place and that we are able to be open and honest here with what is happening to not just our physical bodies but our entire being of who we are.
    I am thinking of cutting back my work load. In the beginning stages of this thought process. Or at the very least, changing what work I do as I am in the cleaning business with a few of my jobs.
    Laura, it was good for me to hear what you had to write. Thank you. I wish there was something I could do to help you.
    ~jean~