Feeling Sooooooo Much Better

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As some of y'all know, I've been in a bit of a relapse since Easter when one Red Tide outbreak after another caused respiratory problems leading to bronchitis. I just never quite snapped back from it. Then, last week, I suffered some kind of gastritis or gallbladder attack. I ran a fever for about a week. My daughter in CO tells me she had the same thing last week, so it is possible it is some kind of virus going around. But, I digress...

I am feeling better, and getting more done, than I have in about six months. It is extraordinary to feel this well. I still tire but I do not feel sick. I even did a workout without its making me bedbound. I keep pushing the envelope to see just how much improvement there is. I have made improvement over the last five years but it's been agonizingly slow at times and the relapses can be discouraging.

I want y'all to know that it just takes time and we have to be prepared to take a few steps forward and one back now and then. Keep the faith and keep doing whatever you can to heal mind, body, and spirit. There is currently no known "one cure," but everything helps a little. I believe in fighting these illnesses on as many fronts as necessary in order to heal.

People do heal and get better even after having been sick for many, many years. It just takes time and usually involves lifestyle changes. It may take a combo of traditional treatments, along with natural/holistic methods. It may mean building the immune system back up. Do whatever it takes. What it takes for me may not be what it takes for you. Trial and error is how we find what does work for us.

I am focusing and rejoycing a lot to try to create a new reality for myself and my health. I've had really good results with this approach in other areas of my life. I've posted before about the film, "What The BLEEP Do We Know," but I can't say enough about how this has helped me to refocus my life and empower myself. Deepok Chopra's "The Seven Laws of Spiritual Success" is another invaluable resource. It's a very small book with things we can all do at no cost.

Wishing healing to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm so glad you're continuing to feel improvement! You're an inspiration to us.

Marta
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Thanks for your encouraging message. I'm so glad that you are feeling better. Realizing that all the effort was worth it must be very satisfying.

Kathy
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I've been wondering about you and am glad to hear you are doing well. Also was wondering what ever happened to Sujay, do you know?

Hugz,
    Tona
  5. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

So glad to hear you are feeling good! I've also been improving slowly and in two weeks I start my sugar free Candida diet which I feel will be the CURE for me! I like that Deepak Chopra book also and I read Joel Osteen new book for inspiration.

Love, Jasmine
  6. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

so glad to see your feeling better :) keep on plugging away sweety xxxx
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You guys are so sweet. Thanks for the good wishes. I also keep you in my prayers and hope everything you are trying is working for you.

Regarding Sujay: Last I heard, she was on the Marshall Protocol and it was helping her a great deal. I believe she no longer comes here because she is so involved in the MP. I also heard that she is using the MP with her patients, so I'm sure this is her focus and consuming all her time. If anyone sees her or talks to her, please tell her we miss her. It would be wonderful if she could stop in to give us an update.

Thanks again, everyone.

Love, Mikie
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

glad you're feeling so much better.

I have just gone onto Amazon UK and ordered the Deppak Chopra book, I remember reading lots of 'spiritual' books in my 'hippy' days. I think it just might do me a lot of good.

I'll have to look up the film.

thanks

love
    Rosie
  9. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

I am so happy for you and your progress.You are just what we need when we are feeling defeated.

God bless you real good!!!!!

Thanks always for all of the info that you take the time to provide.

Please have a good time dancin' around out there.

We all love you !!!!

Jeanne
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just got home from my new Italian class. I missed last week because of whatever I had. It's so much like Spanish, and even some French, that I really didn't miss much and am keeping up. Pronounciation is going to be the most difficult part.

I eventually expect to feel well enough to travel to Italy and I really try to do things which challenge my pea brain. Learning a new language is one of the best things we can do.

I hope this continues and my slump is over. I hope and pray for everyone for the healing, love, and peace we all deserve and finally, for a cure!

Love, Mikie
  11. mariee

mariee Member

I always look for your posts. I am so glad you are doing better.
    Last Friday night, I rewatched What The Bleep....
    I have wanted to do that since first reading your thread on that movie and The Secret....
    I am reading a book right now by Pema Chodron. I love her stuff. The book is The Places That Scare You.
    Great title...she had a special on PBS recently...
    You can google her if you are interested....

Thanks for always sharing your journey w. us.
    Marie
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I will check her out.

What did you think of the movie? It can be a bit overwhelming the first time one views it. I think it helps a lot if one has been studying quantum physics a bit before viewing it. The idea of a field of pure potentiality or collapsing the wave may not be easy to imagine right away. My favorite part was the water experiment. The man who did that has a book with pictures of his work.

Thanks again. I'm going to check this woman out.

Love, Mikie
  13. sues1

sues1 New Member

The film....where and how do you get it?

You are a true inspiration to all of us.

Thanks for being and sharing....Blessings......Susan
  14. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Your 'Red Tide' comment made my eyes bug out. When I was diagnosed two years ago, it was after I came down with a severe virus when we were on holiday on the East Coast. Not only did the FM kick off but I also developed Hashimoto's Thyroiditis as well.

I've always wondered if the Red Tide had anything to do with it. I imagine any toxic organism could provoke an auto immune response.

Gladd to hear you are healing.

Regards,

Eileen
  15. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

My prayers are with you for a sustained remission.

Hugs,

CherylSue
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate everyone's being so sweet. It makes this remission so much more joyful. I really like to let others know that healing is possible. It may not last forever, it can be an up and down process, but we are not condemned to feeling lousy forever on end. The trick is to find what works for each of us and to treat our illnesses on as many levels as we can. I am convinced of this.

Susan, the "BLEEP" DVD was available to rent at our local Movie Gallery. I don't know whether Netflex or Blockbuster have it or not. There is a new 3-disc version called, "What The BLEEP, Down the Rabbit Hole." It contains an animated explanation of how there can be additional dimensions which we cannot see because we are unaware of them. It also contains extended interviews with the makers of the film and the scientists in the film. I prebought it online at a good discount before it was available.

The film, "The Secret" is available for sale at their website or you can download it and watch it on a computer which has a cable fast-connect. It is a little pricey so I chose to spend $4.99 to watch it on my puter. It is much more straight forward in explaining how we can manifest our own reality in our lives. It lacks the depth of the "BLEEP" film in terms of the physics and the explanation of the ground-breaking research on how we become addicted to our own emotions.

Eileen, there is no doubt in my mind that exposure to Red Tide can trigger our illnesses. In addition to causing respiratory distress, it is a neurotoxin. Who knows what changes occur in the brain after such exposure. Dead fish wash up by the hundreds on our beaches when Red Tide is present. A number of Manatees are killed by it every year. We have an outbreak just south of us. My breathing has been affected for a couple of days. They tell us that the dried spores can only travel a few miles on the wind but I know that the winds aloft can carry them a lot further inland. I almost always can tell when there is an outbreak before it makes the news. The last two years here have seen heavy outbreaks of Red Tide. Scientists are flooding this area to study it.

CherylSue, thanks for your good wishes.

I'm a bit tired today because I overdid it yesterday and had the class last night. Still, I am not sick and if I had to, I could do things. I am choosing to recharge myself today. It's such a luxury.

Blessings and healing to everyone.

Love, Mikie

17. ksp56

ksp56 Member

You are ALWAYS an inspiration!

It thrills me, knowing you are feeling better and are able to do more!

You are so special to many of us. I thank God he placed you on this board.

Love,

Kim
  18. mariee

mariee Member

Hi Mikie,
    The water experiment is my favorite part of the show.

I don't understand quantum physics, but the part I do get is my attitude and response to life is important. I have a 3 year old grandson who may have autism. I spend quite a bit of time w. him. He has a sense of people who are focused on his delays...and has limited response to them. He and I have been bonded in a special way since his birth (I was there)...and I am fascinated by his response to life.
    Very free!

Pema Chodron is into an eastern way of life...but her message to me is the same as quantum physics. Yesterday I listened to one of her tapes where she described a monk who spent hours lovingly preparing a table for a dinner. It was like watching an artist at work. My SIL is a chef and to watch him cook is a gift...he goes into a meditative mode and works fr. love.

I love studying different spritualities and applying them and observing life this way.

I could go on and on.
    Nice to find you here, and to know other people are on spiritual paths.
    Blessing!
    Marie
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Kim, thank you so much for your kindness. My inspiration has come from all of you!

Marie, even the quantum physicists don't understand it but I do think some basic theories and understanding of some of the research and terms is helpful. I don't pretend to understand much myself but, like you, I feel the message is the same as all the other spiritually enlightening books and films.

What a touching thing it is to read about your relationship with your grandson. Autism is one of the things my family worries about with my grandson. It doesn't always show up early. Autism now strikes one in every 166 births and that is, in my opinion, an epidemic. It used to be one in 10,000 births. We definitely urgently need more research into autism.

My SIL was a chef before he bacame an airline pilot. His younger brother is also a chef. He loves to cook and my daughter loves to bake. They are "Foodies."

It is wonderful to watch someone turn something he or she loves to do into an art. I think it is the highest form of achievment we can aspire to.

I'm glad there are others here who have enjoyed, and been helped by, these enlightening resources. It seems that everywhere I turn now, there is something inspiring.

Love, Mikie
  20. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I'd love to hear from Sujay again too, love to hear how the MP is working for her. Hopefully one day we'll sign on here and there will be a big old update from her!

Hugz,
    Tona