Feeling stressed and overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalley167, Aug 4, 2005.

1. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I am not sure what set me off I am just feeling stressed and anxious. I feel like everything I try to do today is to much of an effort. I feel exhausted and drained. Plus it doesn't make me feel like a nice person. Everyone is annoying me today. I went to pick up lunch at a local Chinese place and I had to wait a few minutes and the girl at the counter kept talking to me and I just wanted to scream at here to be quiet. I feel like I am holding my breath.
    I am suppose to work out at curves today but Heck I don't know if I have the patience to even do that ! I just want to lie down and cry. I am so tired.
    Is this just another lovely symptom of this CFS/FMS or am I truely losing my mind this time ???
  2. craziC

craziC New Member

Well, you can thank FM/CFS for the way you're feeling today. I often feel exactly the same as you. In fact, most days I feel that way! I am very sensitive to sounds when I'm not feeling good or my pain level is high. Exercising is a great way to relieve the stress. But if you're exhausted try sitting in a quiet, relaxing area and play soothing music. Sit in a comfy position, close your eyes and do deep breathing. I hope this helps! Oh, and NO you are NOT losing your mind. :eek:)
  3. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I hate feeling this way.
    Just listening to people talk outside of my office is making me nuts ! I can get out of here in about 35 mins. So hopefully I can go relax somewhere. I don't think I will be working out today. I just don't feel I can handle it. I just want to go home and curl up with my dogs.
    Of course now I will feel guilty for not exercising. Its just been a bad week.
  4. boy oh boy you described my day to a T. Overwhelmed and stressed, right now I am so hyper and nervous. I hope you calm down soon. This dd is no fun at all is it!?
  5. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I have been under a lot of Stress lately, and for the last 2 week's the DH, has been waiting for me to take to my bed.
    So far, I'm hanging in there, but today I will be getting my Xanax filled.

Sometimes you just need to pull back , and think of your self, get some rest, and as hard as it can be at times,
    Put on a Smile, when you really feel like smacking someone.

I get real upset at Rude people, but find, that all that does is make my stomach hurt more.
    Beside's we don't really know what kind of day, the Storeclerk or salesperson is having, and their Stress can be passed on to us, by their actions.

Road rage, is a good example of the Stress, in the world today. Eveyone in a hurray, everyone wanting to be first, I just hate being out there these day's.

I also get that Paradoxal Breathing, when I get Stressed, and I have to remind myself to Breath. ;o]

Hope your day is better today, than yesterday.
  6. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I seem to be a bit calmer today. Went home last night and made pizza and just crashed. No one was home until after 8:00 so it was me and the dogs. The phone never rang and it was good. It did me alot of good. Hopefully it lasts today. I still kinda in a fog but not as bad as yesterday. Thanks all for the support !!
  7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

(I have FM) I would feel so irritable, like I was ready to rip someone's head off. I would resort to Xanax some days, but tried not too if I could help it. Doc only gave me 20 to start with and did not want me on it all the time.

He gave me Zoloft in place of it but it is too high for me with my insurance so I quit that. I am on Klonopin generic now and that has been great for me.

It has made PMS so much more tolerable. I still get the fatigue from hell once in awhile, like yesterday, but it is alot better now.

Sonya