Feeling to sore. Whine...and maybe some HELP.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Sep 16, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I went to hand therapy yesterday, and after looking at my right hand and arm which still hurt, the therapist followed my tendon up my are where it became muscles. The muscles were like rocks, so she applied pressure to loosen them. It hurt! But, the muscles did relax some.

Then, I went to a Tia Chi and something else relaxation class to learn how to relax. We stood on our feet most of the hour. The moves were weird...that's OK; if I can learn to relax, this will all be worth it. But my feet were killing me after just a short time.

But, I'm really wondering what really is up with me.The therapist says it's arthritis and tendonitis and it is. But, these muscles don't apply to that. It seems that everywhere they go, I have very tight muscles. And, they hurt when touched. Now, my neck is sore...not unusual as no one has worked on them lately.

Plus, my shoulder is sore to touch since the therapist was teaching me to release the muscles in my shoulder with a wall, a tennis ball, and a towel. It just hurts like it is bruised.

So, I don't know. I see the rheumy on Tuesday, and I guess I'll ask him. Just wonder if these are really tight because of stress or if it's FM or if it's something else. Just don't know.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Thak you...Sue
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sue:
    I get like that also. I have massage sessions a few times a month and it is well worth the time. Sometimes the massage therapist will go for an hour and loosen me up. I feel wonderful for a few days after, but like most things---it doesn't last.
    Feel better soon,
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

fivesue .. the last few weeks I have been having an unusually bad time of it too .. the back of my head , neck and top of my shoulders is the worst affected but I have it running rampant every where else lately .. my energy is totally in the toilet .. I'm getting worried that this cycle is taking over so much, that when the heck is it going to swing to the better?? .. I know weather affects me a great deal .. and by some strange reason the change of seasons does too .. I don't have any helpful advice to give you other than remember the good cycles have to move in some time .. so hang in there .. that is what I'm trying to REMEMBER too ! Good luck with you appointment !
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

...Just because its pretty common for FM to be a secondary syndrome to those with arthritis, lupus, etc...My poor friends mom has Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, and FM. Her treatment's been so good, shes almost off meds now! She's my hero, and I barely know her! LOL

Suggestion, maybe for the interim before you can get checked out...or simply to get some relief. Theres a ton of herbs/supplements for muscle relaxation. Some are very effective I've heard, and some can even be applied topically so no drug issues.

I made a huge post listing them all this morning...maybe you can search for it by looking up "muscle relaxer herbs"...or else, you could click my profile and scroll down thru all my posts today....was one of my first today, if that helps! I'd type it again, but hands are losing steam fast!

Hope you feel better soon!
    Rachel
  5. orachel

orachel New Member

Misunderstood your post...then read your bio. You already know you have FM....check the herbs out. I'm going to do the same, cause I'm a big pain ball lately, too.

Maybe they'll be effective? Lets hope!
    Rachel
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Yes, I hope it's a cycle...the weather is turning from summer to autumn which is usually the best time of year here, but not this year. I hope you feel better soon, also.

Nyro...it feels good while I'm there, but in a ocuple hours, my body is so sore...my muscles just don't like getting released, I guess.

I will look at the list, Rachel...I hope there is something that will help as I just am tired of taking pills even though I couldn't do without them. Hate that feeling, also.

I'm going to try to get some flowers today...that should be an upper. Plant a winter color section. Hope I don't have to turn my neck too often while I drive to the nursery.

Have a good day. I'll just putter the day away...seems like all I can do, lately.

Hugs to all,
    sue
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Just couldn't resist that!

I'm sorry you are having such a bad time! Have your tried soaking in epsom salts and peroxide? That is one of Shirl's favorites.

Sue, have you read about Fibro and TRP'S? There is some information if you use the search box. Just type in TRP and read some of the info. I cannot find my book which would explain them better.

They are different from our pressure points but affect our bodies in the way of knots and pain. The TRP stands for Trigger Release Points. Very painful! Some go to massage.

I would suggest searching through the info online @ Prohealth and posting a topic regarding info on TRP.

I have them going on in my 'fanny' right now. It is impossible to sit. They are ropey and knotted.

To me, this seems worthwhile checking out!

Good luck Sweetie! I will look forward to hearing what you find out!

Extra Gentle Hugs,

Kim

PS... We do have much in common! Believe it or not, my husband's name is Jim, also! You can find reference to him in past posts if you think I am nuts! I am not a stalker! LOL
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

you have got to get a LIFE! (-: But, that is funny that our husbands have the same name. It would be even weirder if they had an uncommon name...but, I like the name Jim. My dad's middle name is James, and my favorite male cousin is named Jim. Seems like most Jim's I've met are great...most, that is. My mind just flashed on one who was a real scary nutty KOOK!

I will look up that info. How awful to have these trigger points in your hiney! AAGH! Tell me, please. Are painful trigger points part of FM and/or are they a separate condition? I just never have had all these sore points before and it seems weird that I have them all of a sudden after being diagnosed with FM. But...I have also never had anyone poking at them. So, I guess I'm confused.

I will go to the place you mentioned and see what's going on. Thanks, dear friend. And sit gently! Like Little Miss Muffet, sit on a tuffet...whatever that is. She looks so dainty in illustrations that it must be very soft.

Later. Hugs...thanks.
    Sue
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Have to watch my cholesterol...no cheese...but I sure can whine! Any other suggestions? I hate to think what's rolling around in your mind. Scary!

(-:
  10. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Stretching before I get out of bed really helps me. I go straight to the shower and stretch some more. I also stretch before I go to bed. I makes a big difference and you only push it to where you feel comfortable.

My Mom started Tai Chi and she loves it. She has Arthritis in her hip. She also says her posture and flexibility have improved as well as reducing stress-relaxation. Good Luck! Lynn
  11. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Then my only other suggestion is..... Marty and Ollie to come aide your WHINE. Taken all at the same time! You won't even CARE about the pain you are having!! Heh, heh, heh!

Yes, TRPS are another part of this lovely DD. I would suggest surfing the web, and reading research of Devin Starlanyl. I have her book and it explains fibro and other types of pain included with it. She is a Dr., and the book I have is: Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain; A Survival Manual. Consider buying this book. I bought it at Amazon.

Rest when you need. Soak and try and help your pain. I'll be praying for you!

Gentle Hugs,

Kim

12. ckk

ckk New Member

i get that way too. i always wondered if it was the arthritis, (i have osteo) or the fibro. i hate it. 'cause it does feel like it is bruised when you touch it. i always take baths to relax because massages just hurt me. and then watch tv with a heating pad. just a suggestion. good luck.
    ckk
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thank you for your posts...I'll forego Marti, Kim! However, the book sounds good. What I read on the library site here is that FM and Myofiacial whatever are different diseases...but you can have both...lovely.

Lynn, stretching does help...so do showers, and I'm glad to hear about your mother's experience with Tia Chi. That is encouraging.

CKK...I know the first letter is "C" but I hope the others are what I have. My mind is losing it. Now I forgotten what I was going to tell you, so I'll go back and read and write another note. Sheesh!

Sue
  14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I also have osteo, and I have been a bit confused about what is hurting. I know my hands are arth. but my shoulders, arms, etc. I just don't know. I spend a lot of time with a heating pad...my favorite invention. I have one in our 5th wheel, in a suitcase for traveling and one at home. NEVER without one.

Don't take too many baths because it hurts my neck...and then it's not comfortable. Maybe when we build a house in a few years, we'll get a larger bathtub...and I'm only 5'3".

Well, we'll see. I see my rheumy on Tuesday, and I am going to tell him about all these muscles and see what he says. I'll let everyone know what he says. If he doesn't really say or whatever, my PCP is a wonder, and I know he can tell me. In that case, it will be a few more weeks before I can share. I know that he has given me trigger point injections for headaches as far back as 4-5 years ago. He's a great doc.

Hope you are feeling better tonight and you have a good weekend. Sorry I lost my train of thought, but that's the way it is with me lately.

(-:
    Sue