Feeling totally stressed and need LOTS of Prayers!!!!!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Dulcimerkid, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Dulcimerkid

Dulcimerkid New Member

Hi,
    I am new to the board and was just recently diagnosed with FM. I have had symptoms for years but lately they are getting worse. I have a lot of stress in my life. My Husband was diagnosed 3 years ago with Multiple Sclerosis and had to go on disability. My three teenage children add to the stress two have ADD, the oldest has been in counseling alot to help him with is ADD but he is a very angry person- more stress. He just graduated High School by the skin of his teeth and the day before commencement my 16 year old was in a car accident he is o.k. physically - Praise the Lord but emotionally it has been hard on all of us because a 13 year old kid ran through a stop sign and my son hit the kid's back tire and the kid went in a ditch and has some injuries. I got a Depo Medrol shot to help with the pain can't take muscle relaxers or my throat tightens up. I need peace that only God can give and have yet to feel it yet.
    Laurie
  2. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord,

I pray for Laurie and her family that You walk with them in this time of great stress, illnesses and trials.

Give to them the peace that passes understanding, the grace to overcome their problems and the hope of Your eternal love.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Della
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello and welcome Laurie,

I will be praying for You and your family. God bless you all.

Danny
  4. pptillery

pptillery New Member

Laurie,

I am new to this board. I have been posting to the fibromialgia board for a few weeks but this is my first time here.

My family too is having a hard time both physically and financially. The one thing that helps me when things are the toughest is to thank God and praise him for his sacrifice that he made on the cross for me.

When I put him first and praise him for the blessings he has already given me, things begin to go better despite the pain and flare ups of the fibro.

I am feeling a bit down tonight. Our church treasurer passed away suddenly this past week. Going to the funeral home tonight was very stressful for me. But I know that dear Brother Cecil is rejoicing with Jesus tonight and that makes it easier to bear.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Paula
  5. Dulcimerkid

Dulcimerkid New Member

Dear Danny, Della and Paula,
    Thank you for keeping me in your prayers. i will be praying for each of you.I need to get my focus changed off me and on other and especially on Jesus. that is what my devotion was about today.
    Thanks again!!!
    Blessings,
    Laurie
  6. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Laurie,
    Wow! Life can sure hit with so many trials and difficulties. I'll share my recent experiences in hopes that you realize that you are not alone. James 1:2 says, "Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops persevereance. Perseveraance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complte, not lacking anything. I fany of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generousluy to all witout finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, becuase he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind...Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

I haven't experienced the same ones but I've had numerous life stressors piled up on top of each other for many years now: stalked & raped by a man, sister died of breast cancer at 42 yo, mother died slow death of Parkinson's disease, b-i-l died of sudden heart attack, f-i-l died of lung cancer all in 2 years along with nephew & husband treated for various cancers during this time (both survivors so far), then my progressive debiliating illness with CFS and having to stop working over the past couple years, surgical biopsy on my right breast yesterday and 11 year old relative dragged to death by her horse last week.

God continues to strengthen my faith and help me realize that our life is more about his glory & purposes than our own happiness. During all of this, I try to grieve losses but also find things to be thankful for each day. I work hard at not letting myself get depressed but try to believe that there are better times ahead. I hope that you can also find God's peace in the midst of your turmoil and trust him to help you through the very difficult times you are facing:)
    My love and prayers are with you!!!
    Monkeykat - Kathy

7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Welcome to the worship board. You sure have your plate full. My 13 year old son has ADD too so I know how hard that is to deal with. He is driving me crazy this summer teasing my 8 year old nonstop. My son has never been on medication for it because my husband is against it. But I think he really is needing it at his age.

Its such a struggle. I will be praying for you and your family.

Sandy