Feeling Toxic - Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I sometimes get this way, and feel this way today.

I feel so awful, like I am being poisoned. I know this sounds strange, but there is no other way to describe the feeling.

I am wondering if it is something that I am eating.

Hot dogs? Corn chips? I ate those yesterday and just feel awful today

Anyone experience feeling awful from food?

I cannot move today, not painful, but SOOO sooo tired
  2. mrafirst

mrafirst New Member

Hi, Empower,
    I sometimes get what I call "food hangover" from eating too much rich food, especially carbs. In fact, one memorable time many years ago, I OD'd on pancakes and actually turned green! I got sent home from the office by my boss's secretary. Does any of this sound like you? It's possible you might be developing an allergy, and if you were eating hot dogs and corn chips, it might be from additives. Just my .02

Mary Rose
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Could it actually be food poisoning?
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

No food poisoning

And right now, the only med I am taking is Klonopin on occassion
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I used to get sick, fluish feelings a lot, and like I was being poisoned. It turned out my liver was toxic - overloaded with toxins so in effect I was being poisoned. My liver wasn't working the way it should to filter toxins. And it made me SOOOOO tired, just like you.

I had to do a major liver detox a few years ago, and it's one of the best things I've ever done. Muscle testing by a chiropractor revealed chemical solvents from a job many years ago had built up in my liver. Because my liver was working so poorly, one glass of wine would leave me feeling sick for an entire day. The liver detox took a month, and it wasn't fun, but it was well worth it.

I highly recommend finding a chiropractor who does muscle testing -- mine helped me so much. Also, you can find out general information about liver detoxing at health food stores.

Some good things for the liver are dandelion tea and milk thistle, and lemon juice.

Mary
  6. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

and i think "toxic" is an accurate description--a bloaty, blah feeling, with pain in my spine and muscles, foggy headedness, fluish feeling. it has helped me to avoid foods to which i am allergic or sensitive, keep my bowels regular, and most of all, getting glutathione iv's as glutathione is the master antioxidant. i don't think it is wierd that you feel you are toxic. you know your body and what is going on in it. blessings to you. Jen102
  7. Empower

Empower New Member

I plan on doing the same thing - detox, that is
    I think wheat and pork and some dairy are a problem for me

What kind of withdrawal symptoms did you have