feeling very depressed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amy987, Apr 25, 2003.

1. amy987

amy987 New Member

this isnt fair... im so depressed that i am the only one of my friends with this horrible disease! another thing, the docs still have no idea why i am shrinking! ::sigh:: does anyone have any ideas to lift my spirits? please anything

~amy ~:-(
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I read your bio---you sound as if you are leading a very busy life. With CFS and FMS, as with any chronic illness, depression is something that arises. It's a natural result. You already knew this, though since you are a nursing student. Sometimes nurses (and aspiring nurses) are guilty of caring for everyone else before themselves. Maybe you need to give yourself a little more care?
    Have you told your Docs you are having a hard time with depression? It took me forever to face up to the fact that I just wasn't capable of pulling myself up by the boot straps. I let it go on for too long, for some reason, pride or whatever, I found it so hard to admit I needed help. I have been on an antidepressant (Lexapro) for two months now....the difference it has made is amazing. I will stay on it for a few months, and then gradually wean off...and see how I feel. There are also herbs that can help with depression. Whatever you choose, make sure to discuss it with your docs, and do some research on your own, especially if you are taking other meds and herbs. Also spending more time out in the sunlight will increase your levels of serotonin, and make you feel better.
    Best wishes....
    LL
    [This Message was Edited on 04/25/2003]