Feeling very unsure of my future

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ouch4017, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Ouch4017

Ouch4017 New Member

Well, I've had FM for about a year now. I've seen uncountable doctors, rheumatologist, taken a bunch of different meds, etc. I think my family is finally trying to understand and my husband is being extremely supportive and trying to learn with me.

I went to see a new doctor Monday that I really like and he is trying a new approach. Apparently my FM is a pretty severe case and very few doctors seem to be comfortable treating it. Anyway, He is slowly weaning me off of neurontin and putting me on Lyrica. He has taken me off Tramadol for pain and feels Percoset is more appropriate for now. I am taking clonazopam in the AM and PM with is fine and I actually slept last night!(I also have Anxiety issues) and in my next visit in two weeks he is going to start me on cymbalta. I'm also signed up for physical therapy for FM at the clinic. I'm pretty excited about the new approach and trying to keep very optomistic towards everyone around me. Honestly, I am scared to death. I'm down to working 4 hours a day, which seems to have a huge relief on my stress issues, but I'm afraid if I try to go back full time, it's going to be REAL bad again.

I guess I'm trying to take one day at a time, but does it EVER get better??? Sometimes I just feel like crawling in a corner and dying. I feel like a burdon on my family, husband and co workers. I need some advice or maybe something that will make me feel better?????
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Hi there,
    I am experiencing the same issue, unsure about my future. Taking one day at a time is such good advice, but so hard to actually do! I'm a planner, I want to know what's going to happen and plan accordingly.

I have so many questions. Will I be able to work tomorrow, next week, ever again? I am supposedly working 20 hours a week, but hardly ever actually do.

I would advise not to push it with working. See how the new treatment works and go from there.
  3. Ouch4017

Ouch4017 New Member

Molly, thank you for your advice, I appreciate it.