Feeling Well for one day??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Sep 14, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi just wondering if anyone can recall the exact date you felt like a normal Human Being ? You Know the day or 1 hour or 10 minutes you actually thought that this DD might go away for a few days!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The last time i remember was Memorial day! My girls were over visiting with their (Puppies) and i remember thinking that wow I feel good today .

But of course by evening it was a different story! back to the DD. Since the fall wheather is starting to set in already up north here I can defintley feel it!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Makes me really appreciate the 80-90 degree temps!! Hmmmmmmmmm
  2. Neicee99

Neicee99 New Member

to my mom about that very thing the other day. I remember back in 2001, not sure the exact date but I had taken my two girls, my mom, and my nephew to see the Tall Ships in Boston. I remember sitting down with my mom resting for about 30 minutes or so, and saying "oh my god this is the best I have felt since I don't know when". Well, that is the last time. I now have 3 beautiful daughters, 15 1/2, 12 and 5 and I wish I had that feeling back again. I have lupus and relapsing polychondritis as well but the fibro was just diagnosed. The other two diseases were finally diagnosed in 2004 but I had symptoms, like many of us, for years prior to the diagnosis. I wish I could be and feel like I did so many years ago.

I hope you have more days like you did on Memorial Day in your future.
    Hugs
    Neicee (NH)
  3. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

The weekend of september 17-19 was probably the best weekend I'd ever had. Granted, that was only about a week after I'd been diagnosed, but that didn't change I'd been in pain with my knees for a while.

My parents, a friend, and I went to Chicago to see my absolutely most favoritest (ouch...grammar...:D) band. I'd been waiting for five years for that chance, and it had finally arrived. The saturday before the concert (it was sunday evening) we walked all over downtown Chicago and all around in the art museum and I had no knee problems at all. I had worried the whole week before my friend would be dragging me along the ground by the end of the days.

The concert itself was a surprise too. I was extremely excited/nervous because I'd never been to a concert before, and ended up hyperventilating because of the crowd and the loudness of the opening act, but it was the best night of my life. I only wish I could remember it better, and I think the fibromyalgia is why I can't remember it. But that weekend was the best of my life...I wish I could feel like that again :-D
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

the replies!! I'm moving slow today! because it's only 37 degrees out !

But yes it seems if there's something really exciting going on in our lives, Like something we have planned and the big day arrives and for some reason our Bodies hold out until it's over (weird Huh!) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if there's ever a moment or 2 that we are feeling better it stays permanetly implanted in our Minds!! .......................................Thanks again gals for sharing your "good Moments"!!......................................Hugs!
  5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Unfortunately, I had only 4 times that I recall this year.

3 days in January...It was freezing here in Maine and those days usually have me blitzed from pain and fog, in fact come now through April, I am no good for anything...I actually did 3 1/2 hour sessions on my treadmill...Don't know how or why but I had the will and the drive and I did it...

Then two weeks ago, we had just finished an early dinner of chinese take-out and I got a jolt of energy and was actually painfree for a little less than an hour...I ran outside like when I was a kid, smiling from ear to ear and I went in my son's memorial garden to weed and enjoy the ability to bend down and such...None of which I can do normally without triggering more intense pain...

I swear, I looked up to the sky and asked, "Am I really cured?"...I didn't get an answer right then :( but shortly after I knew the answer...A BIG FAT NOT!!!!

It's a real shame that I can count on one hand the days I felt 'good', like a human being again, like normal used to feel...Today I am feeling like a big bag of pooh...I never take anything for the severe pain I'm in constantly, but today had to take a flexeril...I will be paying for it later, cause I have IBD (UC/Crohns) and anything pharma related makes me bleed...Phooey!!!

I said ina nother post, someone find a cure for all this crap, it's getting so old and I am exhausted from fighting back...

Thanks for posting this, it made me remember the 'good times', hope there are more to be had, for all of US!!!!

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Yes i find myself looking up alot!! wondering !!!
    I Love your "Big Bag of Poop" analogy! lollol why on earth isn't there at least something that (Med wise) could at Least relieve the MP Pain !,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Or any of it for that matter!! I know what you mean by Having to take a certian med: But paying for it later with certian side affects!.........................................................sydney
  7. Manaleon

Manaleon New Member

There was one week where I felt completely better for about four or five days. Since I still don't have a diagnosis, I think it served to show I wasn't losing my mind and I haven't been better for 11 months now. It pushed me to go see a doctor again and finally find out once and for all why i'm still sick. I should know within a month.

-June
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Sorry to hear that your going through the Dx. Time Trial!!
    Read your Bio! sounds like your a very busy gal, college and all ! Glad you got to go to Nicaragua ! Hope you can nip this disorder in the bud!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Goodluck,,,,,,,,,,,Sydney
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2006]
  9. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member