Feels like a "Bee Sting"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by lovemy3, Dec 7, 2003.

1. lovemy3

lovemy3 New Member

Someone please tell me they have experienced this because everyone thinks I'm nuts with this one. For the last couple of days I get a sharp "bee sting" pain in my right knee. It lasts for just a second comes out of the blue and than goes away. My leg feels a little odd for a few minutes but than I'm OK.
    So tired of all the weirdness of the illness!!!

Clare
  2. chickadee

chickadee New Member

I have lots and lots of sharp pains - they move from place to place. I don't describe them as bee stings, more like being stabbed with a knife. They can hit anywhere from the top of my head to the tip of my toe. It hurts so bad and most times by the time I go to do something about it (take a pill or put ice or heat on it) it's gone......only to return later to a different spot. I'm just glad that they don't last long. (I have no theory about what causes this or what to do about it, unfortunately). Have just accepted this as "part of the fibro".
  3. Camdon

Camdon New Member

I also get a very sharp, stops you in your tracks, shooting pain that feels like I've been stabbed with a knife that somehow also has an electric current running through it. Does this make sense? I get these all over my body, fortunately they don't last very long!

Yvonne
  4. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Yep, I get that too, but it's when I go to sit down and it's my butt. I used to jump up and look to see if I'd left a sewing needle in the chair. Now I just know it's one of the many ways my body has of telling me that I've become too tired. AGAIN! Sorry you have it, but get the dr to check -- just in case next time you go. You've probably just over done.

I do wear a knee brace though that kinda holds the knee in place, so no more pain in the knee...just everywhere else.
    H
  5. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

I could have written every one of these responses, I find that the more manual type of day will trigger the round of pain as such. I am so sick of this DD, I’m only 53 and to damn young to be hog-tied with this B/S.