feels like bugs crawling all over my skin: HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by danaroo, Aug 3, 2004.

1. danaroo

danaroo New Member

my hair hurts where it touches me, i am a bit itchy and sore. And my face is the worst. It's tingling like crazy. hair itches.

Does anyone else have this ever? It's been 3 days and i'm going nuts. WHAT can i do for it? The ultracet isn't doing anything. Anyone know what i can do??? ANY ideas would help. Thanks so much dana
  2. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

My neurologist says it's paresthesia caused by "neuroinflammation." Apparently it can come from different causes including pinched nerves, herniated discs, diabetes, toxins, and brain lesions. It takes a lot of detective work and experimenting to figure it out.

She doesn't think it's doing any permanent damage, but could indicated a more serious underlying problem (like postviral syndrome or MS).

Mine gets much worse if I eat foods containing oxalic acid like spinach. It's never bothered me before this year, but I got a chart of foods high in oxalic acid off the internet and it did get better when I started avoiding those foods.

The part that made me crazy was the roof of my mouth and the back of my throat tingling!

Jan

3. sharono

sharono New Member

I know what you mean about bugs. It feels like tiny little bugs are biting me--particularly when I sit down to watch tv or lie down at night to go to sleep. I guess it is just another aspect of fm, along with the fatigue, pain, ibs, sinus problems, headaches, etc.

What a life, huh?
  4. jujubear

jujubear New Member

i take ultram 3 times daily one of the side effects is itching the more u take the stronger the itch however it does go away eventually juju
  5. mrcpvls

mrcpvls New Member

Hi, I have a similar feeling. It is worse on my head, face and arms. I thought it was from the Effexor I am taking in addition to the increase in my wrestless legs syndrome. I have decided to wein off of the Effexor to see if it has been the culprit. Are you taking Effexor by any chance?
  6. Noz

Noz New Member

sorry to have to say but I had this problem - itching, irritation, strange sensations everywhere, twitching eyes,sore/itchy throat,restless legs, pain - i found out why - read my posts
    NB some meds - niacin is one - can cause itching / soreness also so dont panic
    NOZ
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2004]
  7. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

and I itch everyday!!
    My head and face and arms are really bad.....drives me nuts!
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This can be taken during the day to stop the itching without making one drowsy. At night, more can be taken to also help with sleep.

BTW, the stuff at the dollar stores has the same active ingredient as the expensive brand name and it's 1/6th the price.

Love, Mikie
  9. elizabethia

elizabethia New Member

I don't take any of the meds you mentiond ... but it does always feel like something is crawling on me... not always biteing me...usually when i'm in bed "of course"
    I'll sit up and turn the light on and pull the covers way back and look and look and there is nothing there..
    I do have a "phyobia" of bugs crawling on me in the dark and have told my phyc doc this... just another quirk to add to my list..lol lol .. well anyways ... just try to take it easy... take care
  10. jmw84

jmw84 New Member

EVER SINCE I GOT FIBRO I HAVE THE SORE ITCHY FEELING ON MY SKIN. ESPECIALLY IN MY THROAT. I CAN'T STAND ANYTHING TOUCHING MY NECK NOT EVEN MY HAIR. MY EYELASHES EVEN ITCH. ITS LIKE A TICKLY ITCH. I WAS CHECKED FOR EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING CAME BACK NORMAL. SO ITS MOST DEFINETLY FROM THE FIBRO. FIBRO IS IN YOUR NERVE ENDING SO OF COURSE IT GOING TO CAUSE THOSE SYMPTOMS. FIBRO MIMICKS ALOT OF DIEASES ALSO THEY CHECKED ME FOR INFLAMMATION OF THE NERVES BUT DIDN'T HAVE THAT. SO ITS FIBRO. HUGS JILL
  11. LITEFLAMES

LITEFLAMES New Member

Hi Dana, It sound's a bit odd, And It could be a new medicain you'r taking ,Your topic cought my attantion,
    Becuse You said it felt like Bug's crawling all over you'r Body , Iv only ever had that happin once, I had hepatitic c
    From a tatoo I Got, But it could be a med you'r taking, get your self cheacked out,
    Let us know
    GOD BLESS CindyG.
    PSS , Diana I must take that back , when I first went on My oxxi cottin, I iched alot, I didint want to scare you w/ the liver problim
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2004]
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

According to Dr. St. Amand in his book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia," there are little cells under the skin which releas histamine. Seems people with FMS have cells which break more easily, releasing the histamine.

This may not account for everyone's itching, but the creepy/crawly skin problem and some itching is caused by this and the Children's Benadryl will help.

Love, Mikie
  13. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

I've tried benedryl and it helps..... I just forget to take it! LOL

Memory loss; one of the many fine symptoms for FM......
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There were something for the memory loss.

I do know that when I feel better, the memory is better too.

Love, Mikie
  15. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

and in my case they are from mycoplasma infection. A large percentage of us have mycoplasma infections . Dr Nicholson at The Institute for Molecular Medicine notes the relationship between mycos and parasthesias.
  16. coal

coal New Member

Yes I have these too. If I do to much through the day. and the next day it starts all over my body. In my mouth on my back on my legs and arms. In a couple of days it usually leaves for a while. Hang in there.
  17. tishielou

tishielou New Member

I LOVE YOU GUYS! It never fails.. I'm sitting around agonizing over some new something ... this time the "bugs"... and you have answers. But more importantly, you have impathy... hard to find in a world where FM is considered all in one's head. THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! Between a very supportive hubby and you guys, I might actually survive this! xoxoxoxo
  18. pblondeau46

pblondeau46 New Member

Hi, in the past few days, I have been getting this crawling sensation on my skin. Mostly my back, arms, legs. I keep thinking there are little bugs like ants crawling on me and it feels like a little bite. Like an extreme urge to scratch. So weird! It's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!

After reading these post, I see I'm not the only one. Does any one know where I can find some medical information to explain this.

Thanks.
  19. pblondeau46

pblondeau46 New Member

Hi, in the past few days, I have been getting this crawling sensation on my skin. Mostly my back, arms, legs. I keep thinking there are little bugs like ants crawling on me and it feels like a little bite. Like an extreme urge to scratch. So weird! It's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!

After reading these post, I see I'm not the only one. Does any one know where I can find some medical information to explain this.

Thanks.
  20. The_Zen

The_Zen Member

Hello all,

One of the possibilities (I think there are different things going on with each individual) is a mycoplasma infection (walking pneumonia).

Mycoplasma refers to a genus of bacteria that lack a cell wall.[1] Without a cell wall, they are unaffected by many common antibiotics such as penicillin or other beta-lactam antibiotics that target cell wall synthesis.

If the itch came along after a horrid bout of flue or a chest infection and you are constantly tired and prone to infections easily ever since then, I think that this is most likely the case.

I am a very fit person. I don’t smoke, drink or do drugs and I eat healthily. However I had a chest infection in summer 2012 and since then I have the itch on and off along with constant sinus infections. Yesterday I mixed a concoction of herbs from my Chinese Herbalist from a recipe I found online:-

Radix Et Rhizoma Notoptergyii (Qiant Huo) 30 grams

Radix Angelicae Dahuricae (Bai Zhi) 12 grams

Radix Scutellarieae Baicalenisis (Huang Qin) 15 grams

Method of administration: Place these three ingredients in a container and pour in boiling water. Drink warm, 1 packet per day at anytime.

Functions: Dispels wind and scatters cold

Indications: This tea is suitable for wind cold exterior patterns with headache, body pain, nasal congestion, runny nose, aversion to cold, and fever. It is very effective.

IF YOU ARE TAKING ANY MEDICATION SEEK A GOOD HERBAL PRACTITIONER AND DISCUSS BEFORE GOING FORTH. PREGNANT WOMAN SEEK ADVICE ETC.

Also Olive Leaf, Mullein and Snake Root and Green Teas are supposed to be good. I ordered some of these herbs yesterday.

Peace Out

R

came across a tea recipe online